|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Therefore, Repent! is a post-rapture graphic novel. Since the rapture, humans have begun manifesting strange supernatural powers, albeit with some side effects. The main characters are Mummy and Raven, who have just moved to Chicago from Canada and are getting settled in.
In stark contrast to Left Behind, the people trying to get on God's good side believing themselves to be a tribulation force, along with God and the angels, are the villains, who are called "splitters", while the heroes are the "immoral majority", trying to adapt to life without Christians as angels are going around randomly murdering people. Also has a sequel Sword Of My Mouth.
Provides examples of:
- An Aesop/ Writer on Board Urban organic farming gets promoted as a means of fighting the system in the sequel.
- Anarchy Is Chaos Averted
- Becoming the Costume Raven
- Black Magic: Subverted
- Black Shirt The Splitters
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Epileptic Tree: In universe example: It's speculated that the angels are really an Alien Invasion, just using religious trappings as a way to infiltrate our society.
- George Bush In Strawman Political form. Still a bit ironic that he gets left behind
- God Is Evil
- The Grotesque side effect of using magic
- Hermetic Magic
- Holier Than Thou: Splitters, in contrast with Left Behind's Flat Earth Atheist villains.
- Knight Templar: The Angels.
- La Résistance
- The Magic Comes Back: In fact, this is why the Rapture happened.
- Mutants Unfortunate side effect of using magic
- Post-Modern Magik
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits
- Take That: Against Left Behind.
- Talking Dog
- Urban Fantasy