|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Zeldathon Team is a group of gamers who play the Legend of Zelda games for charity (and sometimes other games as well.) They are located in Pennsylvania and host marathons twice (or more!) a year, one in winter and one in summer.
So far they have had seven marathons.
- "Zeldathon 1" for Child's Play - Raised $300.00
- Zeldathon for the American Cancer Society - $3,322.18
- Skypeathon by the Zeldathon Team for Child's Play - $5.01
- Zeldathon for the American Diabetes Association - $4,001.00
- Zeldathon Quest - $2,672.07
- Zeldathon for the American Red Cross - $13,280.00
- Zeldathon for Child's Play - $15,473.00
- (July 7th) "Ultimate Zeldathon" for either Fun For Freedom, or Child's Play depending on if they get the company up and running by the time it starts.
This event provides examples of the following tropes:
- Amusing Injuries - The viewers could donate to have Alex get punched in various areas depending on the amount donated. This resulted in a lot or arm punches, chest punches and one Groin Attack.
- This was one of the themes of the Punishment system introduced in Zeldathon for Child's Play. People could make the team do various things depending on the amount donated, like having a Shout-Out, or having the Zeldathoners dance. One time, Mike got so much slaps in the face that it was completely numb. Mike later got his revenge though.
- When they were aiming to meet a $15,000 goal for Child's Play, Silver was slapped repeatedly too. One chat member figured that it would be around 65 or so slaps in order to make it.
Andy: And down goes the Swede.
- Also during the Zeldathon for Child's Play, Mike, Andy, MC, and Silver had to be slapped, so they coordinated the 4-Way Slap: Mike slapped Andy who then slapped Silver who then slapped MC who then slapped Mike, and then back around.
- Announcer Chatter - They are sometimes even more interesting than the games themselves.
- A Wizard Did It - At some times when the audience asked how something worked they would get the reply: Magic.
- When the question involved the games, the reply was Nintendo Logic.
- Back From the Dead - Silver "died" because of the Hot Sauce, but was revived when the donation counter reached $600
- Berserk Button - Don't mention Hot Sauce so that Silver hears it.
Silver: HOT SAAAUUUCE!
- Also, Ezlo from Minish Cap is a hate object of Silver's
- Brief Accent Imitation - While playing Twilight Princess during Zeldathon for Child's Play, Mike proceeded to voice act for many of the characters. The accents ranged from British to Australian to just a really high squeaky voice for the villain.
- Charissa also voiced Midna for a little while, and Mike was very freaked out by it when she started.
- Color Coded for Your Convenience - Each Zeldathon has a color associated with it.
- Zeldathon 1 - Tan
- Zeldathon ACS - Dark Tan; Logo was Red and Blue
- Zeldathon ADA - Lighter shade of Tan
- Zeldathon Quest - Deep shade of Green
- Zeldathon ARC - Deep Red
- Zeldathon Child's Play - Lighter shade of Green
- Crowning Moment of Funny - Randy would dance to Lady Gaga's Bad Romance in a skirt if $1000 was raised before midnight of the second day. They did.
- During Zeldathon for Child's Play, about 3 hours before midnight of the 5th day, Andy brought up a challenge that he had planned a few days before. Specifically, that he would dress up as the Great Fairy from Ocarina of Time if the donations reached $10,000 before midnight. Cue 1,000 dollars being raised in those three hours, of which a quarter of that was raised in the last 15 MINUTES.
- Dance Party Ending - After Mike conquered the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess, during the Zeldathon for Child's Play.
- Eat That - How about half a bottle of Hot Sauce?
Silver: Let's never speak of this again.
- Ghost peppers, or the Bhut Jolokia chili pepper. Prepare the glasses of milk.
- Epic Fail - The Skypeathon is considered to be this. Also Zeldathon 1, though to a much lesser scale.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep" - Mike's Dad.
- Fan Art - The audience could send them in and have them shown (for donations).
- Fan Boy - On the last day of Zeldathon ADA, Mike got a call from Dain Bramaged over his phone... he started dancing...
- Five-Man Band
- Funny Foreigner - Martin Silver, all the way from Sweden.
Silver: This English thing is difficult.
- Heroic BSOD - Silver, after he had beaten Skyward Sword.
- Everyone, after they had seen Andy's costume.
- Incredibly Lame Pun - Silver fought for his life during his battle against Death.
- Large Ham - Silver. Oh my Gardevoir, Silver. Oh, and MC too.
- Memetic Mutation - 7-year-old-milk. That is all.
- Motor Mouth - MC is a master at this.
- Silver has started to pick up this trait.
- Must Have Caffeine - They are playing games for three days, what do you expect?
- My Name Is Not Durwood - Zak
OddishOndish, although he doesn't mind... much.
- Nice Hat - Mike sports a fedora, it can't get much better than that.
- Self-Imposed Challenge - During Zeldathon: Child's Play, not only did Silver do a 3-heart run of Minish Cap, he did its first dungeon blindfolded (being guided by MC), the second dungeon upsidedown and the third dungeon wearing a Steve-head.
- Shout-Out - Silver kept saying "Donate to make cancer feel foolish" during the second Zeldathon.
- Voice with an Internet Connection - The Skype guests and to a lesser extent, the chatroom.
- You Have 72 Hours - Early marathons ran for 3 days and the final hours got really stressy.