|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Whyt Game is an ongoing RP/ Fanfic based on Final Fantasy IV. More precisely, it's based on the DS Remake's little critter companions, the Whyts.
It has recently passed its second anniversary, which means that there is plenty to read and catch up on.
Tropes used include:
- Chekhov's Gun: The orb Suelo picked up in the forest.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Several examples, including Issaria (who vanished some time during the forest battle early in the game), Deth (who didn't make it past the forum jump), Montblanc (whose story was only tangentially related to the other characters at best and vanished after about ten posts) and the infamous Sij (who was Chucked three times and retgoned once, and whose creator is ashamed of his existence and calls him 'a blight upon roleplaying, characterization and Final Fantasy').
- Cloudcuckoolander: While some characters have their moments, the definitive example is the sequel's Karuto, who for some reason thought it would be nice to wear a lampshade as a hat and won a game of poker by presenting the "ultimate hand", Full Deck.
- Crazy Enough to Work: Most of Wuste's plans and the general theory behind Twincasting; A good example of both being an attempted twincast between a summoning spell and a shapeshifting spell, temporarily turning Wuste into Bahamut. Also, Suelo's umbrellas.
- Easter Eggs: heehee
- Giant Space Flea From Nowhere: Busgusaranth, the final boss, who just so happen to literally be from Nowhere
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Nereid was killed by her own robot(Omega) when, as it became badly damaged, its AI decided to use her as an energy source. Furthermore, Omega itself, normally capable of a significant level of self-repair, was only damaged so badly in the first place by the use of another robot constructed mid-battle out of its own severed parts.
- Fragile Speedster: Serryn. He has become the fastest thing alive, but has pathetically low Defence and Magic Defence stats.
- Improbable Weapon User: Suelo uses umbrellas for most of the story, and Wuste eventually starts using a chakram bigger than his own body.
- Reality Warper: The Anarchs, creatures born in The X-Zone, are unfamiliar with the laws of reality, and powerful enough to simply ignore most of them.
- Training From Hell: Acerak goes through this. Bonus points in that it actually comes from hell.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Most of the Whytkins' battles proceed in this manner towards the end of the story. Acerak is particularly good at it.