|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A fake movie from the television series How I Met Your Mother where the full trailer was released online. The movie describes Ted's failed relationship with Stella from the skewed point of view of her ex-husband Tony. Not only does Ted go to see this movie a few times within an episode of the show, he also at one point recites something similar to the final scene of the movie to his date while in the movie theatre.
The movie managed to have 2 sequels, as seen in the 17th episode of the 7th season.
This "movie" has examples of:
- The Ace: "Tony" in the movie.
- Amusing Injuries: Every injury Jed suffers. Tony and Stella even laugh at the last one.
- Author Avatar: "Tony," taken to Marty Stu levels.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Jed Mosely.
"I'm the most powerful and corrupt architect in New York City!"
- Catch Phrase: No-can-do's ville baby doll!
- Which later becomes an Ironic Echo.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Do brides do something besides going to weddings?
- Disposable Fiance: Jed Mosely. Deconstructed in the show itself, as mentioned below.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Tony "fights" for Stella.
- The show itself Deconstructs the idea of the Good!End by showing how a "Left at the Altar Situation" affects the one who was dumped.
- Evil Laugh: Jed does this after telling Tony he'll take Tony to the wedding just to make poor Tony suffer.
- Good People Have Good Sex: Stella complains to Tony about what a lousey lover Jed is. "One time, he even fell asleep in the middle of it."
- Honor Before Reason: No! Remember the code!
- Informed Ability: How great and popular the movie supposedly is. Then again, we are seeing it from Ted's point of view.
- Jerkass: Jed Mosely. Totally not Ted Mosby.
No! You can't do this on my wedding! DAAAAAAAAAAAADDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
- Movie Within A Show
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie
- Shipper on Deck: Billy. "Go after her, Master Tony!" And, well, everybody at the wedding except Jed and (maybe) his daddy.
- Stylistic Suck: Not that this stops it from becoming hugely popular in-universe, to the point where one is forced to conclude that Ted is the only character with any taste at all.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Here are some blurbs from (unnamed) critics:
- Take That: The entire film is a big, fat Take That at poor
- Trope Overdosed: It's a Movie Within A Show that only had a trailer made, and it has it's own page!
- The Woobie: "Stella" in the movie.
- Zero-Percent Approval Rating: At the wedding, everybody (even the priest) urges Stella to dump Jed for Tony.