|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Yup, this sheet is the roughest of the rough.
GEAR: Huben Draknir (Dragon)
- The Ace: Until Tiana comes along, he's the strongest Wefradian Knight out there, even with his GEAR damaged to a crippling degree. This isn't to mention what happens after he's back at full power.
- Aloof Big Brother: Strangely enough, he's actually younger than Frederick, and is also the hero himself. His attitude fits quite well, at least to begin with.
- Badass Longcoat: As the cutscenes show, Luke wears a blue longcoat, often drawn with Dramatic Wind, no matter the situation.
- Character Development: Luke appears to be quite the unsentimental workaholic, but as the story progresses, he grows fond of Tiana, and eventually shows just how much he actually cares for his friends.
- Deadpan Snarker: He has his moments of merciless verbal jabbing, even at himself a couple of times.
- Dented Iron: Huben Draknir has its chest mashed up something horrible at the beginning of the game. His elemental sphere is so damaged that, as Harvey puts it, it's amazing he can even move. After the Mid-Season Upgrade, all one can do is wonder why Wefrad hadn't won the war before Drakey got so beat up.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: All of his physical attacks are executed with Dual-Wielding swords.
- Large Ham: Inexplicably dips into this once, which is immediately lampshaded by his teammates.
- Lightning Bruiser: Huben Draknir basically fights like the Alt Eisen with two swords, with above-average mobility paired with powerful attacks (Blazing Blade!) and complemented with two nifty ranged attacks.
- Officer and a Gentleman: To the point that even with the cute Tiana unconcious in his GEAR cockpit, he didn't even consider doing anything to her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's rather dismissive with Tiana, once its sure that she's safe. This goes for pretty much everybody else (Tys gets it BAD), until one of his friends or allies is in danger. Then the gold comes out.
- Playing with Fire: His GEAR is a Fire Elemental, and can shoot dragon-head shaped fireballs.
- Red Baron: His moniker: 'The Blue Wing', is, as lampshaded by Sarah, synonymous with Death to Kradionese soldiers. Considering how only Ascard and an Outbursted Wenceslas in Celtakroth can top out his firepower and neither can when Luke himself goes into Outburst, this is easily justified.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: When the heroes stumble on some Kradionese soldiers toying around with some refugees. His friends, especially Tiana, are rightfully scared of him at this point. Of course, this pales in comparison to what happens when Wenceslas kills Harvey.
GEAR: Tianerx (Thunder)
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: Is disappointed that Luke never tried anything with her while she was passed out in Huben Draknir's cockpit.
- Badass Damsel: Luke initially (translation: for about two days) sees her as dead weight whose only function in battle is to require protection. Once it's found out that she can sync with the Guardian-class GEAR of Thunder, however, no one ever thinks of her as a poor, helpless Damsel ever again.
- Blow You Away: Shock and Awe falls under Air in this story.
- Character Development: She's rather immature (and willing to use words to hurt others) at the beginning. As the story progresses, however, she matures greatly. However, depending on the player's choices, her relationship with power may go either well, or will go Gone Horribly Right (For this, Your Mileage May Vary).
- Her Roaring Rampage of Revenge plays into this a great deal.
- Cute Bruiser: She doesn't look like the type to be involved in warfare, but she's a full-on Lightning Bruiser, literally.
- Falling Into the Cockpit: How she ends up a GEAR pilot.
- Lightning Bruiser: Tianerx, the GEAR of Thunder has excellent mobility, powerful attacks, and above-average armor coupled with nice thick shields and great evasion.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Loses her cool when she witnesses the brutality of a Kradionese officer.
- Shock and Awe: Tianerx is Thunder Elemental. It's nickname is, surprise surpise, The Thunderbird.
GEAR: Rhimstol (Air)
- A-Cup Angst: She's jealous of the better-endowed ladies in the cast.
- Blow You Away: Rhimstol is Air elemental.
- Born Unlucky: If she attempts to tell the future, a good reading will cause the opposite to happen, and a bad one will simply happen. Trying to foretell for the other side simply causes a doubled helping of hurt to fall on the heroes.
- Butt Monkey: Her attempts to fight over Luke with Tiana have her failing horribly every single time.
- Fragile Speedster: Rhimstol is very evasive and high on mobility, yet light on armor, and not especially powerful offensively.
- Stop Helping Me!: Her attempts at fortune-telling only invite disaster, up until she was banned from doing so. Luke ponders if her talent should be used to foretell disasters for the Kradionese Army, though that would require her doing a Face Heel Turn.
GEAR: Yughelle (Earth)
- An Axe to Grind: Harvey's sole physical attack involves a giant axe.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Yughelle is Earth elemental.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Mighty Glacier: Yughelle has superb durability between its generous shields/hitpoints and armor, as well as some pretty powerful attacks, but is hampered by low mobility (primarily in a lack of flight), no ranged post-move attacks, and limited ammunition.
GEAR: Devikher (Sword)
- Big Brother Mentor: While he may not look like the best candidate, Fred actually does look out for his younger brother, especially in the art of relaxation, thus keeping away from the undesirable Samaritan Syndrome.
- The Lancer: While Luke, the Hero, is rather reserved and serious, Frederick goes about life however he wants to, and is has a much looser personality. He also takes over leadership of the heroes while Luke and Tiana go ahead to face Wenceslas.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: He's obviously a good guy, but he has the attitude for this.
GEAR: Yudenthile (Wood)
- Actual Pacifist: Unlike the other characters, her Will actually drops whenever she attacks or anyone scores a kill - the only way for her Will to be improved is to have her heal and dodge attacks successfully (Or, strangely, inflict or suffer a critical hit).
- Legacy Character: Her father was Yudenthile's original rider. He gave it to her before he left to organize a resistance movement. The way she pilots Yudenthile is quite different, however. (Her emphasis is on support and defense, whereas her father would have used Yudenthile's abilities offensively) In the epilogue, most people believe that it was her father that fought alongside Luke. She's all to happy to pretend that was the case.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She's quite the belle (as described in-game), more so than any other character. When it comes down to it, however, she shows the determination to end the war once and for all.
GEAR: Darmthir (Blaze)
- Boisterous Bruiser: Though Duran can top him out on this, Elvin's plenty rambunctious for the good guys.
- Playing with Fire: Hmmm...
GEAR: Ghallianne (Beast)
- Cultured Badass: While his GEAR is 'The Beast', he's actually a cultured scholar when he's not out bashing heads, or mechas. When the party fights Ascard, he asks for information regarding the Optimus out of curiosity, before the battle begins
- Older Than They Look: Clause has been fighting longer than than Luke and his friends have been alive, but he sure don't look it.
GEAR: Juthersse (Blood)
- Determinator: An in-game example. In battle, there is nothing that will cause his Will to drop. His rage will only build as the battle continues...
- Heroic Sacrifice: He sacrifices himself to keep Wenceslas from utterly destroying the heroes.
GEAR: Wiveather (Sky) or Zeeyown (Gravity)
- Cute Shotaro Boy: While all other Knights are at least in their mid-teens, Robin is much younger. He also has a Cool Big Sis in Tiana.
GEAR: Riebenhile (Dream)
GEAR: Amorsyth (Beauty)
- Lethal Joke Character: Her GEAR's first appearance inspires awe...at how utterly useless it is. However, once she trains enough, she becomes a completely untouchable harbinger of doom, except against the actual Doombringer.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Fairies are what humans call them, and they're attendants of the elementals, who live in elemental GEA Rs.
GEAR: Ignar Trakhis (Heaven) and later, either Hekanticlus (Mechanical) or Celtakroth (Devil)
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The leader of the Kradionese is no slouch in battle, his signature GEAR being a powerful boss.
- Big Bad: While it might appear that he is The Dragon to the king of Kradion, its revealed pretty quick that he's a disposable puppet of Wenceslas's.
- Dirty Old Man: Is painted as one by Luke and Tiana as a result of his creepy-sounding invitations to defect over to the Kradionese Army.
- One-Winged Angel: He goes through three GEARS, each stronger and more intimidating than the last, before he finally falls.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: He initially seeks power to better his country. However, by the time of the story, it's clear he's lost sight of his goals, and begun to seek power for its own, corrupting sake.
GEAR: Fraghion (Flame)
- Big Ham: Whenever you fight him, his in-battle comments always go off the screen.
- Heel Face Turn: Certain in-game choices will result in his defection to the heroes' side.
- Lightning Bruiser: His attack power is around that of Tianerx and Huben Draknir, despite the fact that Fraghion isn't strong enough to be a Guardian-class GEAR. One possible storyline route notes that Fraghion is almost a Guardian.
- The Dragon: Wenceslas notes that he was grooming Ellion to be his successor, if Ellion does in fact pull a Heel Face Turn.
GEAR: Phalarinx (Storm)
- Fragile Speester: She has the highest movement speed in the game, as well as an insane dodge rate.
- The Dark Chick: The only female among the 'Kradionese Dream Team', the Five-Bad Band of Eustrath.
- Dark Magical Girl: She's a highly skilled GEAR rider and commander, but her social life is pretty much limited to Ellion. She rarely engages much in conversation, and simply follows orders in battle. If she does a Heel Face Turn, then her story will focus on Character Development from this.
- Heel Face Turn: Whichever of the two (Ellion and Millia) Tiana targets will eventually change sides.
- Lady of War: She's the only female member of the Magnificent Four, and fits the personality requirements quite well.
GEAR: Razhikale (Iron)
- The Berserker: While not out of control, he truly loves the thrill of battle. In his final appearance, however, he fully takes on the craziness of this trope.
- The Brute: He's contrasted quite a bit with Harvey and Yughelle.
GEAR: Inishiard (Ice)
- An Ice Person: Hmmm...
- Cold Sniper: Inishiard's attacks are mostly meant for use at range, and Felder's abilities (Moving Shot, Aim...) all complement this.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Even though he's a villain, he sacrifices himself just as selflessly for Wenceslas as Arvel and Harvey had done for the heroes. Ellion explains that while Wenceslas recruited the rest of the Four, he'd actually adopted Felder from the streets.
- Mood Swinger: Normally, it is easily seen why his GEAR is Ice elemental. However, provoke him even the slightest bit, and he'll start having a case of 'verbal diarrhea', as lampshaded by Sarah. Swears and gibberish abound in this case.
GEAR: Legnus (Doom)
- The Ace: His first appearance is to destroy multiple GEARs simultaneously with a single area effect attack. This ability is the providence of Guardian-class GEARs (i.e. Ignar Trakhis, Huben Draknir, and Tianerx), but Legnus is by far the strongest seen (being shown to be a complete Optimus at the story's end).
- Also, while the usual GEAR rider's stats aren't too far from 100, (Tiana's SYNC stat being the highest, at 125, Ascard's lowest is his defense, at 147. His SYNC is a whopping 171.)
- Add to that Legnus's insane stats, and the sheer power of his attacks (3100, with Dies Irae, not counting in the 120% effectiveness towards all elements), and it's quite easy to understand how Ascard earned the title Doombringer.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He more or less falls under True Neutral. His only foes are those with 'power'. Specifically, those who are becoming Optimi themselves. This is, as noted by Eshranah and himself, the very duty of the Optimus, to seal (destroy) all others.
"The power of the Knight GEARs is already more than enough. The world doesn't need an Optimus."
- Doomy Dooms of Doom: Such a subtle elemental to have, isn't it?