|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
1970 Hammer Horror film starring Ingrid Pitt, Peter Cushing, Douglas Wilmer, Ferdy Mayne, Madeline Smith and Kate O'Mara. It features very little horror but the storyline is quite faithful to the original story, Sheridan LeFanu's Carmilla, in the midst of (tame) nudity. Followed by two sequels, Lust for the Vampire and Twins of Evil; altogether these films are known as Karnstein trilogy.
- Ambiguously Bi: Mircalla is willing to seduce men to get what she wants as well, though her preference seems to be women.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Mircalla.
- Bling of War: In the case of the General Spielsdorf in the ball scene.
- Bury Your Gays: Mircalla's fate.
- Also the Governess.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience. In the same ball, Carmilla is dressed in blood-red and her mother has black dress (although white roses in the hair). Guess what it means?
- Death by Sex: Played with as some who have sex with Mircalla die while others do not.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Mircalla seems to prefer hunting prey barefoot and in a sleek nightgown.
- Fan Service: Oh, yes, very much.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: There's not much room for doubt Mircalla and Emma were intimate.
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot
- Good Colors, Evil Colors: In the same ball, Carmilla is dressed in blood-red and her mother has black dress (although white roses in the hair). Guess what it means?
- Haunted Castle: As per the ISO Standard for Hammer Horror.
- Horror Hunger: Carmilla appears to have genuine feelings for Emma, but can't keep her fangs to herself.
- Lesbian Vampire: Countess Mircalla Karnstein, also known as Carmilla and Marcilla.
- Off with her head!
- Ominous Fog
- Our Vampires Are Different
- The Ingenue: Emma, of course. Laura quite possibly too.
- Uberwald: Officially Styria.
- Vampire Hunter: The Baron Hartog becomes one to avenge his sister. He seeks out every member of the Karnstein family to exterminate them before they wake up from their grave and feed upon the living.
- Vampire Invitation: Implied on both occasions when Mircalla is a house-guest. Averted with the woman in the cottage.
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: How much of everyone's attraction to Mircalla is left ambiguous. Is it mind control, pure lust, or something more?
- Your Cheating Heart: For romantic interpretations of Mircalla and Emma. Mircalla seduces the Governess as well, though abandons her in the end.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Mircalla and the Governess.