|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The show, which aired on ABC, was first aired together with The Great Grape Ape. It starred Tom and Jerry, now made friends, or at least Friendly Rivals, as they competed in sports, solved mysteries, ran from villains or did whatever else made Hilarity Ensues. Needless to say, fans were not pleased, and the show only ran two seasons (only one of which was new episodes) before being sent to reruns, often mixed in with other Tom and Jerry series (such as on Cartoon Network and Boomerang).
Tropes found in The Tom and Jerry Show:
- Animation Bump: The animation for the syndicated opening is noticeably smoother than that of the first-run series.
- Friendly Rivalry: The titular duo in many cases.
- Lighter and Softer: Little to no violence, and the main duo were friends instead of the enemies they were in the originals.
- Limited Animation: Courtesy of the very studio that made it into a cost-conserving method.
- Took a Level In Kindness: The main duo, to the point of no recognition.