|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- In Dizzy Pilots, Moe falls into a tub of tar, and to get the tar off of him, Larry and Curly cut a hole in his clothes and begin filling it up with gas. Hilarity Ensues as Moe begins to float away when Larry and Curly aren't looking, and they spend the next sizable chunk of the episode trying to get Moe down as he sobs. He eventually floats through an opening in the ceiling and into the sky. Moe crying makes it ten times funnier.
- One of my personal favorite Getting Crap Past The Radar moments is from the short Dizzy Pilots, the Stooges are stuck in a crashing plane, with Moe and Curly holding on to each other firmly in terror. What follows is this exchange:
Larry: Hey, you two going steady? (Moe slaps Larry)
- In Pop Goes The Easel, Moe stops a clay fight, and after everyone else in the room gathers around him he demands to know who started it. Larry says "YOU did!", Moe responds by angrily yelling "Oh YEAH?!", and then promptly spins around with his hand extended, slapping Larry, Curly and three or four other guys with one continuous slap.
- The clay fight itself is one of the funniest "messy substance" fights of the Three Stooges, just because the clay looks so sticky and gross. The point where it hits a woman right in the behind is especially funny.
- The Shemp short Punchy Cowpunchers is chock full of these but some of the highlights include: one of the stooges tries to throw a horses' saddle onto a horse but instead the saddle flies over the horse and hits the police sergeant instead; Shemp going to strike a horseshoe against an anvil only for the shoe to fly off the anvil and hit the sergeant, the sergeant then getting pissed and lunging at Shemp and Shemp shoving him against a pillar where the sergeant is hit with several more horsehoes.
- A brief moment in Violent is the Word for Curly, when Larry spaces out to the sound of birds chirping and Moe slaps him back into reality, is rather inexplicably hilarious.
- A really funny one which also counts as a CMoA for Curly happens in Calling All Curs. It starts off with Moe giving orders via the intercom which Curly refuses to do.
Moe: Oh, mutiny eh?
Curly: Yeah mutiny, and it ain't on the bounty! (STICKS OUT TONGUE)
Then Moe punches Curly through the intercom, in the face. Moe's head pokes out of the intercom, implying he between the walls into it to hit Curly. However, Moe gets stuck there with his face still poking out of the intercom. Cue Curly pluck Moe's eyebrows while saying "She loves me, she loves me not" over and over until the scene ends.
- In "In the Sweet Pie and Pie" a dance teacher is about to teach the boys some dance moves when a bee goes down her back, causing her to gyrate, trying to get the bee out. The boys, thinking this is the dance, do the same. They end up following her as she jumps out the window and into a fountain.
- Curly's battle with the still-living oyster in his oyster soup, in the short "Dutiful But Dumb". Truly Curly at his best.
- Disorder in the Court has plenty, but one of the funniest is this mix up:
Judge: Take off your hat!
Curly: *Takes off his hat and holds it in his right hand*
Lawyer: Raise your right hand!
Curly: *Irritably puts his hat back on his head and raises his right hand, holding a cane in his left hand*
Lawyer: Now put your left hand here!
Curly: *Puts his cane in his right hand, lowering it, and putting his left hand on the bible*
Judge: Take off your hat!!
- process repeats a couple more times until eventually Curly puts the hat on his cane and raises his right hand while holding the cane with it*
- In the short Idiots Deluxe, Moe is recovering from a nervous breakdown, guzzling medicine and pills and muttering "Oh my noives, oh my noives." A cat is seen quietly walking across the floor. Moe shouts "Quiet!! Quit stomping around!!" before throwing things at it.
- Later in the episode Larry remarks that the place they chose to camp at is on good hunting grounds, because he saw a sign that said "Fine for Hunting".
- In the same short is a scene where Larry and Curly are driving with an (unbeknownst to them) live bear in the back seat slapping them both in the back of the head repeatedly.
Larry: What's the idea hittin' me in the head?
Curly: I hit you because you hit me.
Curly: I didn't hit you!
- This little exchange near the end of the episode, after Curly and Larry thought Moe was dead, was brilliant:
Curly: Poor Moe.
Larry: Oh woe is Moe...
Moe, coming at them with an ax: Oh woe is YOU!
Larry: Woah, Moe!!
- Pretty much all of You Nazty Spies!
- The usage of puns in this exchange was hilarious:
- In Ants in the Pantry the boys are called to the boss's desk for a job (they are exterminators. Larry has a bear trap.
Moe: What's the idea of the bear trap?
Larry: You never know, we might meet up with a bear.
Moe: Yeah...Meet my bare hand! (slaps Larry)
- Another funny part later in the episode occurs when someone tries to play the piano that the stooges had hidden several cats inside while secretly exterminating pests from a mansion (which they themselves infested). Hilarity ensues.
- The climax of the "Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard" Running Gag in Men in Black.
- In the short where they meet 'Peeping Tom', a haunted suit of plate mail who watched lady Godiva ride through Coventry (and that mauls them when they try to remove it), at one point the boys have to remove a chest. It's too heavy so they start taking it piecemeal... only to discover its occupant, 'Red'. As Shemp says, "Ohhhh... Red Skeleton! For that matter the two skeletons playing a chess game were pretty good too: "Go on! Make your move! Don't sit there like you're dead!"
- The scene from Higher Than a Kite, where Moe's head gets stuck in a pipe and Larry and Curly try to get him out with a crowbar and by heating the pipe over a fire. Then they put the pipe in a vice and try to pull Moe out, but his neck just stretches like rubber. Finally they twist him out.
- From the same short, Larry's Disguised in Drag act, where he says in a mock-girl voice "I am Moronica!" while giving himself Peek-a-Bangs. A Nazi officer immediately falls in love with him.
- The "Maharaja" routine from Three Little Pirates.
- Anytime Curly makes a wise crack, which Moe replies via physical force.
- The "Niagara Falls" sketch in Gents Without Cents, especially with Curly's Oh Crap reactions.