The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- Anticlimax Boss: Subverted. Dennis is built up as a major threat but crushed by the Cyclops moments after he finally catches up with the heroes before he can do much to them... Then he comes back and the actual fight with him takes place.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: "I'M A GOOFY GOOBER!" ROCK!
- Squidward gets one for catching onto and attempting to prematurely stop Plankton's plan.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The SpongeBob theme... as performed by the London Symphony Orchestra.
- As mentioned above, the Goofy Goober rock song.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Dennis.
- Moral Event Horizon: Plankton definitely crossed this line sometime during the events of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. He steals King Neptune's crown and frames Mr. Krabs for the deed, leaving him at the mercy of his highness. Keep in mind, he does this knowing full well that Neptune will try to kill him with fire. If that didn't put him over the line, taking over Bikini Bottom and turning it into an awful hellhole definitely does
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Unlike the rest of the series, this movie is considerably a lot darker and has plenty of horror elements. There's Plankton who crosses the Moral Event Horizon, Dennis, the seriously threating thugs, the brainwashing bucket helmets, the skull infested area, the horrible looking monsters, the trench, the diver, and the climax involving drying up and turning into non-anthropomorphic animals in a gift shop. Worse than all of that, ALL HAIL PLANKTON!!!
- The activation of the bucket helmets.
- Tear Jerker: Patrick and SpongeBob's Disney Death. Near the end, as they're slowly drying out under the heat lamp, and SpongeBob has kind of a lengthy monologue about how they failed, and then about how they at least got to Shell City, and they turn to one another, express their gratitude for having each other as friends, and with the last of their strength start singing the "Goofy Goober Song" together, ending with their tears merging to form a heart shape. Even the pirates in the theater were bawling. Bonus points on making such a cheesy song so heartbreaking.
- Unfortunate Implications: In the words of Mr. Krabs:
Krabs: "To be a manager, you have to be a man."
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Between the beautifully deranged animation, great use of the Roger Rabbit Effect, and other special effects, this is one great looking movie.
- What Do You Mean It's for Kids?: SpongeBob and Patrick get drunk off of ice cream, and wake up with hangovers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.