|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Erica has some pretty sweet lines in the opening scene, particularly this interaction.
Mark: There's a difference between being obsessed and being motivated.
Erica: (dryly) Yes there is.
- Tyler's line: "I'm six-five, 220 pounds, and there's two of me!"
- The scene where Christy sets the silk scarf Eduardo just gave her on fire and drops it on his bed. The look on his face when he turns around is priceless.
Christy: When have you even seen me wear a scarf?
Eduardo: This could be the first.
- What really cracks me up is how, after extinguishing the fire (which, if left unchecked, could have set the entire bed and then the room on fire), Eduardo tells Mark he'll be going to San Francisco, hangs up the phone... and Christy's standing right behind him. She has this pouty, puppy-dog look when she asks, "Are you leaving already?" As if she hadn't just, y'know, set something on fire.
- How about Eduardo protesting that he doesn't know how to change his relationship status on Facebook? Hee!
- The whole character of Christy, really. She looked so serious and genuinely worried about Eduardo not changing his relationship status on Facebook, and seemed flatly ignorant of the fact that he had just been played out by Zuckerberg and Parker. Poor Eduardo had come to realise he wasn't quite right about Asian girls being so ideal, but it is played for laughs.
- A lot of the stuff with Eduardo and the chicken, which the movie thankfully acknowledges is quite ridiculous and sometimes plays it for laughs despite it still be a rather important/serious part of the story. Some gems:
- Eduardo: "I did not torture the chicken! I don't torture chickens!"
- Eduardo (defending his actions): "DON'T FISH EAT OTHER FISH?! Th-th-the marlins, and the trouts!?"
- And don't miss Joe Mazzello's awesomely deadpan "(pause) What's he talking about?" in response to that line.
- Sean (after Mark and Eduardo mention the chickens 5 times in a row): "Seriously, what the hell's the chicken?"
- Mark facetiously referring to the Winklevoss twin as the "Winklevii" - apparently, Mark Zuckerberg studied Latin in real life.
- The guys using a zipline on the roof for diving into the pool...and promptly taking out half of the chimney due to weight.
- This encounter between a girl who keeps getting the same link in her e-mail and her friend.
KC: Seven different people spammed me the same link.
KC's friend: What is it?
KC: I don't know, but I really hope it's cats that look like Hitler 'cause I can never get enough of that.
- Mark's disdain at the looping video of the Niagara Falls at "Caribbean Night", flatly stating that it has nothing to do with the Caribbean.
- Eduardo and Mark, after hooking up with their respective flings in the bathroom stalls, looking sheepishly gleeful. "We have groupies!"
- Mark, after getting the relationship status idea, running back to his room in the snow while wearing flip flops and jumping slightly from the cold
- YMMV, but "SORRY! My Prada's at the cleaners! Along with my hoodie and my fuck you flip-flops, YOU PRETENTIOUS DOUCHEBAG." Doubles as a CMOA.
- Mark's "Then I guess that would be the first time somebody's lied under oath!" near the beginning.
- The scene where Mark pulls out a notepad during Eduardo's deposition to double-check the extremely basic arithmetic that Gretchen had just spent three questions on.
- Just for note, the equation is $1,000 + 18,000 = 19,000. And, yes, Mark got the same result if you were curious.
- The entire scene in Larry Summers' office, especially:
Larry Summers: (after listening to Cameron explain why he & Tyler are there) Anne?
Anne, Summers' secretary: Yes, sir?
Summers: Punch me in the face. (to Tyler) Go ahead.
Cameron: You don't have to be an intellectual to know the difference between right and wrong!
Summers: And you're saying that I don't?
Cameron: Of course I'm not saying that.
Tyler: I'm saying that.
- As well as:
Summers: You enter into a code of ethics with the university, not with each other.
Tyler: I'm sorry, President Summers, but what you just said makes no sense to me at all.
Summers: I'm devastated by that.
- This exchange:
Divya: What is that on the bottom page?
Cameron: It says "A Mark Zuckerberg Production".
Divya: On the home page?
Tyler: On every page.
Divya: Shit, I need a second to let the classiness waft over me.
- A student completely missing the fact that the guy who'd just spent hours giving a presentation was Bill Gates, even when he said the next Bill Gates could be in the room. Listen closely and you'll hear one of his friends threaten to shoot him with a Glock.