|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Supermodel Alison Parker (Cristina Raines) moves into a nice Brooklyn Heights apartment, and finds out the tenant on the top floor of her building is a blind priest. Pretty soon, she starts having strange physical problems, trouble sleeping, and flashbacks to her attempted suicide. She then finds out the old priest is guarding the gate to hell, and she's his replacement.
This movie contains examples of:
- Broken Bird: Alison has issues due to her father being abusive, which caused her to lose her faith and attempt suicide.
- Cat Scare
- Christianity Is Catholic: The Catholic Church is responsible for preventing the door to Hell from being opened. Alison is also a non-practicing Catholic at the beginning.
- Dead All Along: The other residents of Alison's apartment building. Used to great effect when Alison talks with Michael at the end.
- Eye Scream: While fighting off the corpse of her dead father, Alison cuts his eye with a knife.
- Fan Disservice: A flashback shows a young Alison walking in on a threesome her elderly father is having with two obese women.
- Horny Devils
- Hot as Hell
- Legions of Hell: "I am one of the Legion of the Dead."
- Peek-a-Boo Corpse: Alison's undead father.
- Religion Is Magic
- Religious Horror
- You Can't Fight Fate: Alison ends up becoming the next sentinel, despite trying to escape this fate.