|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Saga of Larten Crepsley is a 4-part Fantasy Horror series by Irish author... Darren Shan (his real surname is O' Shaughnessy, but that's not quite as marketable).
The books are set to be a prequel series to The Saga of Darren Shan, showcasing the life of Larten Crepsley, the vampire mentor of Darren Shan. It explores his past and how he entered the world of vampires.
The books in the series(and their release dates) are:
Book 1. Birth of a Killer (Released) Book 2. Ocean of Blood (May 2011) Book 3. Palace of the Damned (October 2011) Book 4. Brothers to the Death (May 2012)
Needs some Wiki Magic.
- Call Back: Humorous example in Seba's first words to Larten ("Are spiderwebs a treat where you come from?"). In the first book of The Saga of Darren Shan, while performing, Mr. Crepsley makes Madam Octa spin a web on his mouth and Crepsley eats them, commenting to the crowd that spiderwebs are a great treat where he comes from.
- Curb Stomp Battle: Larten against Staffen Irve
- Doomed by Canon: Since Murlough is still alive in The Saga of Darren Shan it's obvious that Wester won't succeed in his revenge mission.
- It's Personal: Wester wanting to kill Murlough for murdering his family
- Mean Boss: Traz
- The Obi-Wan: Seba Nile
- Older Than They Look: Because they're Vampires.
- The are a few vampires in this series that aren't in The Saga of Darren Shan. Want to make a guess at why?
- Shout-Out: When asked by Larten if Demons are real Seba replies, "Well, in five hundred years, I have not seen any."
- Time Skip: There are few time skips in the first book which range from a few years to several weeks.