The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crosses the Line Twice:Their very early barely-even-released album "Baby Sex" features a (fake) picture of a woman fellating a baby on the cover, which considered artistically rude at the time, would now legally qualify as child pornography. Also, the titular song is a story of a daughter on father rimjob. The album's more or less disowned by the band, though this probably had more to do with them not being satisfied with the music than being offensive.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: High Horses is supposed to simulate, through sound, the effect of riding a carousel while tripping on LSD. whether you consider the portrayal accurate or not, it's still very believable carousel music, and it is delightfully trippy.
- Epileptic Trees: There is Egregious speculation when it comes to who the band members are.
- Fan Dumb: Yes, they have this, especially when it comes to the lead singer's true identity.
- Growing the Beard:Their early unofficial releases are more or less disowned by the band themselves and range somewhere between "awful noise" and "good" with even hardcore fans. They've gotten SIGNIFICANTLY better.
- They Panned It, Now They Suck: Wormwood. The "They Panned It" bit was subverted; The album dealt in the more disturbing tales of the Good Book, but was not meant as an insult. The "Now They Suck" bit was exaggerated; The tour was... chaotic, to say the least, courtesy of many a pissed-off crowd member. It Got Worse when the tour started playing in Europe.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks: In the early years, this was the band's opinion on themselves. They weren't all that happy when Duck Stab attracted a fandom.
- Nightmare Fuel
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: They are very well known for being incredibly creepy. Later albums (1990's and onwards) were especially horrifying.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.