The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Tropes used in The Replacement Killers include:
- Action Girl: Meg. Possibly a Dark Action Girl, given her career choice.
- Action Prologue: John's hit at the nightclub, followed by Zedkov's attempted drug bust of Wei's son.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Meg and John during the shootout at her office, sort of--they face opposite directions to take out each other's would-be shooter.
- Badass Damsel: John's hostage holds her own against the bad guys.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: John, at the beginning.
- Badass Longcoat: Ryker, the big, German-looking replacement killer.
- Best Served Cold: Wei wants to be sure Zedkov's son dies in his arms so Zedkov will understand Wei's pain.
- Big Bad: Terence Wei.
- Blood Brothers: Seemingly, Alan and John.
- Briefcase Blaster: Ryker is equipped with this. (Since he and Collins carry out their assignment like proverbial bulls in a china shop, one wonders why he bothers disguising his weapon.)
- Butt Monkey: Loco.
- Car Fu: Meg uses this in the final battle, although it's more Van Fu.
- Catch Phrase: Meg's "I didn't think so."
- Cool Shades: John, occasionally, and a few of Wei's men.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Subverted. John isn't evil--he's being forced to do Wei's bidding.
- Gun Fu
- Guns Akimbo: Of course.
- Hitman with a Heart
- Honor Before Reason
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: Where the replacement killers evidently learned their trade.
- Informed Ability: See above entry. For professionals, the movie's title characters really suck at their job.
- It's Personal: For everybody except Meg, who's just sort of dragged into the situation.
- Although, before the final fight, she insists on coming along because she now cares what happens to John.
- Leap and Fire
- Marked Bullet: John's calling card. If he sets one on the table in front of you, kiss your ass goodbye.
- Mexican Standoff: Between John and Wei.
- One Last Job: What John's assignment to kill Zedkov's son was supposed to be.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: John is blue, Meg is red.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Wei's son winds up being this, kicking off the revenge plan.
- Throw-Away Guns
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Leads to John's inability to complete his assignment.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.