|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Set in Seoul, Sun-jae leaves her unfaithful husband and moves into an old apartment with her daughter, Tae-su. One night when Sun-jae is returning home, she finds a pair of red shoes in a subway car and takes them home, only to discover that they are cursed. Her obsession grows, arousing envy and greed with mysterious, nightmarish visions. Even Sun-jae’s daughter and one of her friends, Kim-mi Hee, fall victim to the power of the shoes, resulting in hysteria and theft of the shoes.
With help from her new boyfriend In-cheol, Sun-jae tries to discover the mystery behind the red shoes before it gets her and her daughter killed.
!This film contains examples of the following tropes:
- Bratty Half-Pint: Tae-Soo. We later learn why, and it's not pleasant.
- Demonic Possession
- Downer Ending
- Gainax Ending: Does Tae-Soo actually die? Was Sun-jae influenced by the ghost to kill? Was there even a ghost to begin with?
- Eye Scream: Sun-jae's friend gets her eye popped out, and The Reveal at the end shows that Sun-jae murdered her husband by jamming a stiletto heel into his eye.
- Ghostly Goals
- Gorn: Not used very often, but present in the opening train station scene, as well as a few of the death scenes.
- Laughing Mad: Sun-jae.
- The Killer in Me
- Through the Eyes of Madness
- Twist Ending