The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Covered Up: "I Don't Want to Grow Up" was by Tom Waits (it helps they've written many songs that are either "I Wanna X" or "I Don't Want X").
- Critical Dissonance: At least regarding album sales, as the band is popular with critics and has many fans but never had a studio album above #44 at the Billboard 200, and only had two certified records (Gold for both the compilation Ramones Mania and the DVD Raw).
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Their entire existence. There were other bands like Television that were creating the punk movement, but the Ramones made it fun. They also codified how the songs had to be fast, blunt and to the point. They also influenced bands from Black Flag, The Clash, The Damned, Dead Kennedys, metal bands like Motorhead and Metallica, the Grunge band Nirvana, U2...
- Ear Worm: The repetitive and to-the-point lyrics and music turn most of their discography into this.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Marky is better remembered as the Ramones' drummer than Tommy.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: As with a lot of other punk bands, suffers from this in spades.
- Tear Jerker: "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow"
- Joey's cover of "What a Wonderful World"
- Joey's resigned-sounding vocals and the less-than-triumphant guitar solo of "I Don't Want to Grow Up".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.