|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The 60-floor tower had been destroyed by the god Anu, but it was rebuilt by Druaga. Ishtar gives her shrine maiden Ki a golden tiara but no weaponry in the quest to obtain the Blue Crystal Rod, with additional assistance provided by Quox the Dragon.
Tropes present in the game:
- Badass Pacifist: Ki has no attack ability, but that isn't gonna stop her from climbing a demon-infested tower.
- Doomed by Canon: Ki in the ending. Not to death, but Taken for Granite.
- Extended Gameplay: Floors 61 through 100 can be played after the game's ending.
- Inexplicable Treasure Chests: At least they're visible in this game.
- No Fair Cheating: In The Quest of Ki there are items that warp the player to a higher floor. The 61st floor (the first of the "Special Stages") contains a warp item that warps you to floor 61 with a warning message: "I'll forgive you this time, but try that again and I'll warp you back to the first floor!"
- Level 100 delivers on the promise, at least in part, with a booby-trapped chest that sends the player back to level 19--as Arino discovered to his dismay.
- Not Quite Flight: Ki's Jump Physics let her rise to any height so long as it's continuous and she doesn't hit the ceiling.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Ki is really vulnerable.
- Poison Mushroom: One kind of item makes the timer run out more quickly.
- Spikes of Doom
- Timed Mission
- Video Game Flight