|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A Third-Person Shooter released in 2005 by THQ based on Marvel's The Punisher. The game starts with Frank Castle in a interrogation room in Ryker's Prison and the whole game is a series of flashbacks to the present.
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
- Arm Cannon: Bushwacker
- Badass Longcoat: The Punisher in most of the levels
- Bad Guy Bar: Frank nonchalantly walks into a bar full of mob thugs, none of whom recognize him until he pulls his guns and kills them all. In a bizarre coincidence, a cop was hanging out at the bar but not killed because he was in the bathroom.
- Black Humor: The story is written by Garth Ennis.
- Boisterous Bruiser: The Russian
- Bond One-Liner: Frank delivers these frequently.
- Broad Strokes: The game is kind of a sequel to the 2004 Thomas Jane Punisher film, due to Jigsaw actually being John Saint, son of Howard Saint. However it now takes place firmly in the Marvel Universe, and even features a rematch between Frank and the Russian.
- Bulletproof Human Shield: The Punisher can grab mooks and use them as this. Several mooks also do this with the most notable example of Bushwacker who uses his own minions as shields.
- Cluster F-Bomb: There's quite a bit of swearing in this game. Frank himself doesn't curse though.
- Deadpan Snarker: Frank does quite a bit of snarking in this game.
Frank: (Commenitng on Soap's disguise) "Nice disguise. Subtle. Inconspicuous"
The Punisher: (Talking about Bullseye) "Tossed him out the window."
- Deliberately Monochrome: During Slaughter Mode everything except Frank and still living enemies turn black and white. The censored versions of the game do a black-and-white Gory Discretion Shot whenever Frank goes too far with a Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique.
- The Dragon: Bushwacker for the Gnucci's, Bullseye for The Kingpin and The Russian for... the Russians
- Dual-Wielding: In Slaughter Mode Frank uses several pairs of knives.
- Emergency Weapon: The Punisher can use "Quick Kills" on nearby enemies which involve killing them in several over the top ways.
- Enemy Chatter: Mooks talk a lot in this game.
- Fisticuffs Boss: The first fight with the Russian
- Gorn: This game is one of the few games that got the Ao rating purely for gratuitous violence.
- Gory Discretion Shot: A Deliberately Monochrome close up of the Punisher's face occurs whenever you kill someone with the Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique.
- Guns Akimbo: The game takes this to ridiculous extremes, allowing the player to fire 2 M60s, among other things. However, the game is pretty realistic when it comes to reloading for when the Punisher is wielding a pair of big weapons (assault rifles, shotguns, machine guns, etc.), rather than try to reload both weapons at once he just tosses aside the second weapon.
- Hand Cannon: One of the handguns is literally named this.
- Hey, Catch!: One of the "Quick Kills" the Punisher can perform, is to toss his longarm at an enemy who will reflexively catch it, distracting him. The Punisher then shoots/stabs the guy in the face while he is distracted.
- Immune to Bullets: The Russian
The Russian: "Bullets are like mosquitoes to the Russian!"
- Infernal Retaliation: Using the flamethrower will occasionally cause flaming mooks to run into and damage you. Also The Russian during the final phase of his boss fight.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: One of the main selling points of the game is the ability to inflict this on every mook you come across.
- The Joys of Torturing Mooks
- Katanas Are Just Better: Takagi will ask that you kill him with his ceremonial katana.
- Knife Nut: Bullseye and Frank himself during Slaughter Mode.
- The Mafia: The Gnucci family.
- The Mafiya: Kreigkopf's Russian mercenaries
- The Mole: Detective Soap
- Oh Crap: Most of the dialogue of the mooks consists of this.
- Puzzle Boss: The Russian
- Ragdoll Physics
- Revolvers Are Just Better: The revolver and the Hand Cannon are both very accurate.
- Retirony: Many mooks claim they were about to retire/are married/have kids/whatever. It's possible to leave them alive (but not as much fun).
- Shout-Out: Many mooks mention Daredevil.
- Super Mode: In "Slaughter Mode", the Punisher regains health and uses a limitless supply of dual throwing knives.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: And how!
- Vigilante Man
- The Yakuza: The Eternal Sun
- Your Head Asplode: It's entirely possible to blast off the heads and limbs of enemies.
- ↑ Who Frank already killed in the movie. If it was fun the first time...