|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A scientist experimenting with matter transmission from place to place by means of a laser beam suddenly decides to use himself as a test specimen. But the process goes awry, and one side of his body becomes hideously deformed and instantly lethal to anyone it touches. Has nothing to do with the Trope.
- Fan Service: Sheila, Dr. Steiner's assistant, has to take off her clothes... because her eyes hurt.
Crow: I DECLARE THIS MOVIE SUDDENLY GREAT!
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Dr. Steiner is played by Bryant Haliday, who starred in Devil Doll, another Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie, as The Great Vorelli.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: Steiner's superiors at...wherever he works...want to discredit and hinder him because...uh...inventing a revolutionary teleportation device would be of absolutely no benefit to them whatsoever?
- They were going to steal his invention and take all of the credit for themselves. That's why he burns the reels his data is held on.
- Mugging the Monster: A weird variation. Instead of the monstrous Steiner being mugged on purpose, his teleporter accident dumps him near some crooks in the middle of a break-in and he fries them one at a time as they go into the alley in which he's hiding.
- Psycho Electro: Dr. Steiner gains the ability to electrocute people with his hand after the teleporter mishap.
- That Poor Cat: A stray cat is the first victim of Dr. Steiner's electric mitts.