The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Angst? What Angst?: In "Toy Surprise," we find that Mr. Parker never seemed perturbed by his wife's death. Sydney even recalled Mr. Parker told him "Life goes on" and resumed life as if nothing happened - immediately after the funeral, thus suggesting this trope. A DSA that Angelo had obtained even shows that exact conversation, but after Sydney leaves, we see Mr. Parker sit down and openly weep over Catherine.
- Better on DVD: Loose ends or not, the DVDs make it a lot easier to try to keep track of what's going on instead of getting one episode at a time.
- The Chris Carter Effect: The series never really did answer its most important questions, but it really started to show in Season 4.
- Complete Monster: Mr. Raines. Just look at what he did to Timmy/Angelo for just one example.
- It Was His Sled: Jarod having both a brother and sister.
- Jerkass Woobie: Miss Parker.
- Moral Event Horizon: Mr. Lyle killing Kyle.
- Seasonal Rot: Season 4. The Chris Carter Effect was in full force, old storylines were being recycled, and newer ones (like Mr. Parker on the run and the whole story behind Thomas' murder) meandered. Those kind of complaints certainly cropped up in the first three seasons, but individual episode quality also began to suffer.
- Tear Jerker: The end of "The Dragon House, Part 2." Jarod's brother Kyle is presumed dead (though he is later shown to have survived), while he found his mother and sister - only to lose them again just as quickly.
- "Red Rock Jarod," where Kyle dies for real in Jarod's arms.
- Toy Ship: Young Jarod and Miss Parker.
Jarod: I still remember the little girl who gave me my first kiss.
- The Woobie: Jarod.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.