|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: The direct use of sunlight (or other things associated with it, i.e. nuclear fusion) as power source, either fantastic or mundane, can be part of Elemental Powers.
- Straight: In Mahou Shoujo Heartropea, the titular character's power is a blast of pure, undiluted golden solar rays.
- Exaggerated: Heartropea's power is a miniature nuclear fusion blast.
Heartropea: "Starburst Genocide!"
- Justified: Magical Girls in Heartropea channel various Elemental Powers; Heartropea's is Sunlight, while Momotsuki's is Moonlight.
- Inverted: Momotsuki, whose power is a tornado of dark-purple shards made of moonlight.
Momotsuki: "Lunar Ecstasy Storm!"
- Subverted: Heartropea actually channels the power of the Fire element.
- Double Subverted: ...but Fire in itself is a derivative of Sunlight.
- Parodied: Heatropea carries solar panels on her back.
- Deconstructed: Heartropea's use of sunlight slowly drain all sunlight from the world, dragging it into darkness.
- The solar energy released into the atmosphere gradually overheats the planet.
- Reconstructed: Heartropea trains to use "the sun of her soul" to avoid draining sunlight from the world.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Magical Girls strictly use terrestrial Elemental Powers: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Ice, Lightning, Metal, Wood.
- Enforced: They want to introduce a new, extremely powerful character but they've run out of elements to feature.
- Invoked: There is an enemy that can only be defeated by clever use of Moonlight. Knowing this, Momotsuki asks Heartropea to shoot her with her big, hot Solar Prominence Rayzer to power her own Lunar Ecstasy Storm.
- Exploited: Queen Darke sends mirror-based minions that can reflect sunlight back at Heartropea.
- Defied: Queen Darke blocks the sunlight with her (duh) Dark power.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to The Power of the Sun