|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Quite possibly the most popular psuedo-news show show on YouTube, The Philip Defranco Show, hosted by Philip Defranco on the channel sxephil, is the 13th most subscribed channel on youtube with about 1.8 million subscribers as of September 2011. Often posted with a thumbnail of an intentionally attention-grabbing and misleading hot girl and and equally misleading title, the show rarely takes itself seriously.
Entry Needs More Love
Tropes associated with The Phillip Defranco Show:
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: From the October 13, 2011 show, when talking about collecting items from a car after an accident:
"You know, I got a tire jack, I got some magazines, some CDs, 31 condoms filled with semen, and my checkbook."
- Catch Phrase: "As always, my name is Philip Defranco, and you've just been phil'd in"
- "Hello Internets!"
- "What the F*** [X] people?!"
- Chivalrous Pervert: Phil loves the ladies. For proof, look no further than the Guy Shtuff segment of the show, or the Nation is Sexy posts on his Tumblr.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He has his moments.
- Deadpan Snarker: On many, many occasions.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When discussing how young girls actively try to get pregnant to get on the show 16 and Pregnant on the December 8, 2010 show, Phil quips that the show is "so trashy that people waiting in line for Maury are like 'What the fuck...'"
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: The show's icon.
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot: A firm believer in this.
- Only in Florida: The December 13th, 2011 show's Douchebag Of The Day is a 66 year-old lady from Florida who shot her son-in-law.
"It's like a douchebag factory, really."
- Worth noting, Phil himself is from Florida.
- Once Per Episode: Has several recurring segments, including the Douchebag Of The Day, The BAMF Of The Day, and What the F*** [X] people?!
- One of Us: An unashamed fanboy of Doctor Who.
- Too Dumb to Live: During his January 26, 2011 show, Phil showed a video of a man who flattened himself against a railroad track while a train drove over top of him. And thus, the segment we all know and love, What the F*** White People, was born.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: *cuts to picture of explosion* (at 3:09)