The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Badass Decay -- Saint Dane oddly is nowhere near as scary when he's holding all of the cards, possibly because a lot of his creepiness comes from good ol' fashioned Paranoia Fuel - Saint Dane can be anyone, anywhere, at any time. Once he's won, he really has no reason to hide, which means the Travelers pretty much know where he is at all times.
- Complete Monster: Very much so for Saint Dane. When your plan is the same as Darkseid's, and with the same amount of malice, you end up like this.
- Durgen from Black Water is a pretty nasty character. He's needlessly cruel to the Gars, more so than the rest of the Klee's, even when he finds out they're intelligent, he still proves to needlessly sacrifice their life, sometimes for sport. Not to mention the near torture he puts Bobby through in the Gar Stables.
- Seasonal Rot -- Many consider the last three books, as awesome as they are, to be terrible compared to the ones before.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Saint Dane. Looking like Sephiroth in the graphic novels doesn't help matters.
- Epileptic Trees - a somewhat common speculation on forums what was all the territories would turn out to be Earth. Despite the fact that Eelong is in a star cluster and Denduron has three suns.
- Magnificent Bastard -- Saint Dane is... quite an extreme example of this.
- Misaimed Fandom -- Those who love Saint Dane despite his monstrous villainy rather than because of it. It's safe to say that a lot of fans wanted him to win at the end of the series. Also, some love Nevva Winter even though for a while she's almost as much of a monster as Saint Dane.
- Moral Event Horizon: Can't remember where he crossed it, but a few of Saint Dane's acts could be worthy to called this.
- Paranoia Fuel -- Saint Dane could be ANYONE.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.