|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
From 1993 - 2002, The Parking Lot is Full was the comic strip love child of artist Jack McLaren and writer Pat Spacek. Starting as crude little strips published in their university newspaper, the comic quickly took on a life of its own, eventually becoming one of the most popular and infamous comic strips on the internet. After nine years of ups and downs, the creators decided that they'd said everything they wanted to say, so the comic was wrapped up and all the toys put away.
This joke-a-day webcomic show a very dark sense of humor and is very macabre. It still remains one of the best old-school webcomics ever made and is definitely worth a try.
The original domain name has expired, but you can find the full archive on the memorial website. Some comics have been removed, for various reasons, from the archive. Most of these missing comics can be found on this blog.
The Parking Lot Is Full provides examples of:
- Dada Comics
- Disobey This Message: Provided the page picture.
- I'm a Humanitarian: here, Ever more so here. Overlaps with Cloning Blues.
- Hanging Superman: this.
- Little-Known Facts: A Running Gag. In fact, the comic is even finished with it.
- Monster Clown: here.
- Story Arc: that one about sock puppets wrapped the webcomic up.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: jellokinesis.
- Word Salad Title: there is even no mention of parking lots.