|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Note: The Onion often uses YMMV items and Audience Reactions in an In-Universe setting. Those used In-Universe as a Trope can be kept on the main page. To make this so, just put or Pothole "In-Universe" within the example (where appropriate of course). See In-Universe for more.
- Complete Monster: Brooke Alvarez. During her both seasons as host of the Onion News Network, she has shown zero regard for human life or freedoms. She considers herself superior to all other life forms (even admitting to dreaming she was Amun-Re). She laughs during the end of the world, and during the season two finale, she poisons one of her anchors on air and threatens to kill O'Brady Shaw when she doesn't make Person of the Year.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The Fact Zone's Intro
- Dude, Not Funny: A lot of articles can get this reaction.
- Fan Dumb/Hate Dumb: Quite a few people have taken the satire as absolute fact, and it isn't uncommon for people to bash Americans for said stories.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: "Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over'"
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Fuck Everything, We're Doing Five Blades". The Gillette Fusion would be released 2 years later in 2006.
- Seasonal Rot: On YouTube, people complain on their videos' apparent lack of quality. Until the second week of April, the only clips being posted on their channel are from their IFC show or "The Onion Review", a series of videos that summarize the articles on their website/newspaper.
- Back to The Onion