|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"There's never a cop around when you need one."—Robert Neville, the last man on Earth.
The second, and perhaps the best-known screen version of I Am Legend, The Omega Man was released in 1971 and directed by Boris Sagal. The film stars Charlton Heston as Robert Neville, a military scientist who saves himself at the last minute from the fallout of biological warfare between the Soviet Union and China. The end result is that he's now the last man on Earth, and so he spends his existence just trying to survive. This is complicated when Neville discovers a group of survivors, now mutated into albino mutants and led by the charismatic Matthias. "The Family," as they call themselves, have set out to eliminate all traces of civilization, Neville included.
Has nothing to do with MegaMan: Star Force, we can assure you.
This work features examples of:
- After the End
- Apocalypse How: This was a result of Depopulation Bomb in the form of The Virus.
- Cool Car
- Cool Shades
- Crucified Hero Shot
- Desolation Shot
- Disease Bleach: A rather Narmy version, as it kicks in instantly and just as instantly reverses when someone is cured.
- The Dragon
- Evil Albinos: The Family. The plague mutated into something that turned many of the survivors into albinos but it still kills in the long term.
- Flash Back
- Ghost City: Los Angeles. The establishing shots of a lifeless L.A. were achieved by filming on Sunday mornings when there was almost no traffic. It works for the most part except for one shot where the viewers can see another car moving in the distance, and a random pedestrian.
- Gratuitous Greek
- Last of His Kind: Initially, Neville thinks he is.
- Mayor of a Ghost Town
- The Plague
- Pragmatic Adaptation
- Scary Black Man
- Secret Circle of Secrets
- Shut UP, Hannibal: Matthias and Neville's exchange
Matthias: You are discarded. You are the refuse of the past.
Neville: You are full of crap.
- Twenty Minutes Into the Future
- What Do You Mean Its Not Symbolic: Neville's blood is the cure. A little girl asks, "Are you God?" He sacrifices himself. Gets a spear in the side. Dies with arms outstretched. It's not exactly subtle.