The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Ear Worm: "Why Don't You Get a Job?", which is often compared to "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da".
- Funny Moments: The video for "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)".
- And for that matter, the song itself.
- "Grand Theft Auto" Effect: Play Crazy Taxi, and many Offspring songs will stick to your mind instantly. "Yah yah yah yah yah!" ("All I Want")
- "Come Out and Play (Keep 'em Separated)" gets this effect being one of the on-disc songs in Rock Band 2
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Check out the cover of Conspiracy of One. Look Familiar?
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: The video for "Hammerhead. Being very similar to Twisted Metal Black cutscenes just adds"
- Misaimed Fandom: Quite a few of their songs. For a good example, "Hammerhead" is often assumed to be about soldiers in the Iraq war, but it's really about a delusional school shooter.
- Justified Trope with "Hammerhead", as the song starts out with lyrics that seem to be about someone fighting in a war, but at the end it's revealed that it's actually the delusional thoughts going through a school shooter's head. The lyrics at the end can be hard to understand if not following along with printed lyrics, so many don't realize the twist.
- In the video, too, there's plenty of military imagery, ranging from stealth bombers and generals to the main character being a soldier. However, this all starts to look a bit suspicious when the stealth bombers are small and flap their wings like birds while using their nosecones as beaks, the general is warped and presumably a pure hallucination, and the stacks of Humvees and dead soldiers looks suspiciously like a simple junkyard. By the end, the revelation that this career as a soldier is all in the guy's head is horrifyingly apparent.
- Nausea Fuel: The video for "Original Prankster" has the prankster kid doing sandwiches with... a disgusting filling.
- Paranoia Fuel: Several songs about conspiracies and "the man".
- Retroactive Recognition: Their video for "She's Got Issues" was one of the first major acting roles for Zooey Deschanel
- Sampled Up: "Gunter glieben glauchen globen" is from Def Leppard's song "Rock of Ages". But, if you're too young to remember it (or haven't known the song before), you'll most inevitably associate it with "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)".
- Sequel Displacement: The two albums before their mainstream debut Smash are usually ignored.
- Tear Jerker: "Gone Away," a song about losing a loved one, is this, according to popular opinion.
- "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?" also counts, especially after you know what it's about. It's about a girl Dexter knew in his youth who was sexually abused, but no one gave a damn about it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.