|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Born without arms or legs and works at a poison factory called the Globocide. Despite his deformities he is very chipper and sunny, and is modeled after various fathers from 1950s TV shows.
- Bumbling Dad
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Will Ferrell (from Saturday Night Live's mid-to-late 1990s era) is the voice of Bob Oblong.
- Naive Everyman: Bob's optimism sometimes shifts into blind naivety to the point that Pickles has to bring him to his senses.
- The Pollyanna: Despite having no limbs and being in a dead end job, he's very optimistic.
- Sorry, Bob, But You Just Don't Have Legs: Literally.
Marie Kay "Pickles" Oblong
A chain smoking alcoholic who was originally a Hill resident but moved to the valley after marrying Bob. All her hair has since fallen out due to the hazardous atmosphere of The Valley, and she is now regarded as an outcast by her former Hill friends. While not bitter about losing her privileged life, she often expresses disdain towards her self-centered former neighbors in the Hills.
- Action Mom: In "Heroine Addict"
- Bald Woman: Due to the exposure to the pollution of the Valley.
- Closer to Earth: Pickles is arguably more grounded in reality than Bob is (despite being a drunk) and acts as a voice of reason when his optimism shifts into blind naivete.
- Fallen Princess: She was a rich girl from the Hills who married and moved in with a Valley boy.
- Lady Drunk
- Mama Bear: Don't mess with her kids.
Biff and Chip Oblong
17-year-old conjoined twins who are attached at the waist and share a middle leg. Biff is a hard worker obsessed with sports, while Chip is more laid back. Biff and Chip each occasionally go into "trances" to give the other brother privacy.
- Ambiguously Gay: It is frequently implied that Biff is gay and attracted to their coach.
- Bi the Way: Although other times the two are seen lusting after girls together.
- Conjoined Twins
The youngest son and the series' protagonist. Often referred to by other kids as a “psycho”, he is afflicted with numerous mental and social disorders and is on "everything from Ritalin to Rogaine." Despite his afflictions, he is a very forthright and benevolent boy, though he envies the Hill lifestyle and wishes to rise above his economic status.
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny
- Mad Eye: Also Twitchy Eye from time to time.
- The Mentally Disturbed: A comedic example. According to one episode, Milo has every childhood ailment from attention defecit disorder to "foamy diarrhea" (caused by eating a lot of soap) and has been put on every medication from Ritalin to Rogaine.
- Major Injury Underreaction: In "Milo Interrupted", mostly due to being on so many medicines, Milo doesn't response to the pain of being spanked by Bob... if he's tickled.
The youngest child and only daughter, and has a warty, elongated growth growing out of her head. Despite her appendage, she appears to be significantly better adjusted than the rest of her family.
The one-lunged family cat who chain-smokes cigarettes and wears an uninterested, deadpan expression
- Smoking Is Cool
- The Stoic
- Not So Stoic: He was noticeably horrified by all those female cats on heat coming after him.
Milo's narcoleptic dog, a result of perfume used on him during his tenure as a test animal at Globocide.
A fat, toad-like girl who will eat virtually anything. She lives in a fantasy world, believing that she is pretty and popular and that the "Debbies'" actually like her (she seems to stubbornly believe this, as when told that the Debbies hate her, she covered her ears, shut her eyes, and started stomping around humming very loudly).
- Big Eater
- Extreme Omnivore
- I Reject Your Reality: She lives in a fantasy world where she's thin and beautiful and the Debbies are her best friends.
- Parental Abandonment: Though not intentionally. Her parents went on vacation to Europe and their plane crashed, where they had to resort to cannibalism to survive until Milo sparked new interest in finding them.
A girl who speaks with a deadpan French accent and appears to float instead of walk, as her legs are never shown. She is obsessed with death, and has a problem with pyromania, but it has been revealed she does enjoy hula hoops (even though her stiff movements make it physically impossible for her to use one).
- Gratuitous French: She can be heard mumbling this at times.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Her very first line on the show was, "Drowning is my third favorite way to die, but they are all good."
- The Stoic
A one-breasted girl who lacks a lower jaw, causing her to spit and talk with a lisp. Despite her deformities, Peggy is incredibly cheerful and upbeat.
A boy saddled with a dangling, doubled posterior. Standard underwear will not fit him, so he wears his grandmother's old bra like backwards suspenders. He is also known to habitually probe his nose and ears with his finger.
Bob's rich and snobby boss. He represents the power and arrogance of the people of the Hills. He is very condescending to his employees, especially Bob and James.
The wife of George and mother to Jared and Debbie. Pristine was good friends with Pickles before she married Bob, but abandoned her once she went to live in the valley.
The arrogant son of George and Pristine and brother to Debbie. He likes to taunt The Clubhouse Kids, along with his equally snobbish best friend Blaine.
A popular clique of identical girls who dress alike, much like the Heathers or the also-animated "Ashleys" from Recess. The Debbies are often cruel to the valley kids, especially Helga who aspires to be accepted by them.
- Alpha Bitches
- Girl Posse
- Only Six Faces: Their all eerily identical. Lampshaded by Pickles in "Bucketheads" when she answered the door and said, "Either I'm really smashed or you and your friends look exactly alike."
Mayor Johnny "The Mayor" Bledsoe
The town's mayor and a masked pro wrestler, a parody of pro wrestlers-turned-elected officials, such as Jesse Ventura. He is corrupt, and his daughter is a Debbie.
- Balls of Steel: Subverted when he ordered Mr. Klimer to hit him in the crotch with a golf club. Sure, he looked fine, but his next line states otherwise: "That hurts more than I thought it would."
- Cool Mask
- Mayor Pain
The owner of the bar Pickles frequents, The Rusty Bucket. Her name is a play on the phrase "I need a bidet." It is implied that she is a pre-op transsexual, and though it is made obvious to viewers, none of the characters in the show seem to realize it.
- Camp Gay: When she was a man (whom Pickles thought was her twin brother).
- Cross-Dressing Voices: That's Billy West as him/her.
- Punny Name
- Wholesome Crossdresser
Bob's hunchbacked co-worker. He is a people-pleaser and lacks self-esteem, buying friends on eBay to attend his bachelor party.