The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Ascended Fanon: Critic and Ask That Guy being related, if not necessarily close twins.
- Colbert Bump: Even on this wiki, pages for obscure movies have been created because he reviewed them.
- Creator Backlash: Towards the Batman and Robin review. He said in his Batman the Animated Series commentary that he doesn't think it's his best review and only makes jokes about it because other people love it so much.
- Doug posted on Facebook (and on a commentary video) that he personally didn't like how the infamous Let's Play of Bart's Nightmare turned out, even before submitting it.
- He also seems to regret the testosterone poisoned, Male Gaze-y "Top 11 Hottest Animated Women", making it probably the only episode to be Canon Banned.
- He sounds very embarrassed on the commentary to Cartoon Allstars, mainly because he felt like the Critic was nowhere near his now-usual pathetic characterization and sounded more angry and threatening.
- Rule 34 Creator Reactions: Doug enjoys the fic, brings it up a lot and has made fun of the people who expect him to be freaked out by the slash and some of the more... extreme things he and his characters have been put through. And Rob finds it all hilarious, as most big brothers would.
- Talking to Himself:
- Occasionally he takes the role of both people in an imaginary conversation, distinguished by changes in voice, posture and shot.
- When Doug shaved off his beard, the Critic talks to Ask That Guy about it, with Chester A. Bum also joining in.
- The Nostalgia Critic has also knocked out Ask That Guy on at least one occasion.
- In his review of Suburban Commando he gives an example of how using "I was frozen today!" can be used to mess with people in an argument. Both people arguing are the Nostalgia Critic.
- In his The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog review, "he" plays out an example of two different people giving assignments; one being the premise of the saturday morning Sonic the Hedgehog series and the other being The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. The person grading them is also the Critic.
- At the end of the TMNT review, Ask That Guy and the Nostalgia Critic appear onscreen together for a moment and yell at each other offscreen.
- The Nostalgia Critic literally talks to himself from the past, in his attempt to give us a Clip Show for the one hundredth episode.
- The Critic hires Chester A. Bum to operate his computer during some of the Star Trek Month reviews.
- Hell, Doug has his characters interact with one another pretty much all the time!
- Throw It In: Linkara being president of Marvel and DC in "You're a Dirty Rotten Bastard", as well as Nella saying that she has a "relationship based on trust and mutual respect" with The Nostalgia Chick in the world without the Critic.
- What Could Have Been: There were several movies, that the Critic was scheduled to review, but no videos were made for various reasons.
- Toward the end of Nickelodeon Month, he would review the Game Shows that were on Nick, but Walker could not find any high quality footage from any show (except of Double Dare, which he already reviewed), so the Critic reviewed Good Burger instead.
- He was also about to review Newsies, but he reviewed Rocky IV instead, since The Nostalgia Chick wanted to review that movie.
- There was originally going to be an Old vs. New of War of the Worlds, but it was held up due to the controversy with The Room. Eventually it was dropped, because Walker found both movies too underwhelming and overrated to compare.
- Drop Zone was dropped and replaced with Ernest Scared Stupid, because the Critic decided to take the opportunity of spending the whole October of 2010 talking about horror movies.
- Walker wanted to review Matilda because he hates it so much (It was #3 on "Doug's Top 10 Movies He Hates But Everyone Else Loves"), but so much backlash from his audience caused him to scrap the review.
- After the disastrous reaction to Let's Play Bart's Nightmare, the review of James and the Giant Peach was supposed to open with an argument between the Critic and Douchey McNitpick, which would basically have been a massive Take That against those who complained. Doug was talked out of it by others, who persuaded him that in the best case it would look like he didn't understand why the video was so disliked, and in the worst-case (and probably more likely) scenario he would wind up destroying his fanbase overnight.
- The Follow That Bird review was originally meant to be a straightforward Nostalgia Critic episode - until Doug watched it to get ready for the review and realized he couldn't make fun of it. He wound up writing in Chester A. Bum to take over the review after the Critic broke down, and the review itself became 5 minutes long!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.