|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- "For it is plain, as anyone can see... we were simply meant to be." Pretty much that whole scene.
- When the Halloweentown citizens rejoice at Jack being alive is pretty heartwarming, too.
- Santa demonstrating that he has forgiven Jack by giving all of Halloweentown a Christmas gift: snow!
- The folks of Halloweentown seeing snow for the first time. Even the creepiest ghouls can't resist frolicking and playing like children.
- Jack apologizing to the Easter Bunny.
- It's subtle, but the scene where the Mayor and a handful of other Halloweentown citizens find Jack in Boogie's has one as well. The first words we hear are Lock, Shock and Barrel exclaiming "Here he is!" "Alive!" "Just like we said!" The CMOH comes when you realize that they arrived back at Boogie's seconds after he was defeated--meaning that the moment they heard Jack in the lair and realized he was in trouble, Oogie Boogie's loyal henchmen had to have gone into Halloweentown, found the Mayor, convinced him to help them, and then gone all the way back to save Jack's life. Jack Skellington means that much to his people.
- When Jack first sees Christmas Town. While it lead to destruction, Jack's joy at seeing the town is uplifting.
- The end song on the soundtrack, "Closing", has Santa visit Jack years after the Christmas incident to find Jack has "four or five skeleton children at hand, playing strange tunes in their xylophone band." Freaking adorable.
Would you do the whole thing all over again?
Knowing what you know now, knowing what you knew then?"
And he smiled like the old Pumpkin King that I knew
Then turned, and asked softly of me... "Wouldn't you?"
- The trailer said it best:
Touchstone pictures presents the story of two very special dreamers, and the holiday spirit that brought them together..."
- Also "Poor Jack," in which Jack's despair over (nearly) ruining Christmas turns to a triumphant rebirth ("That's right! I AM the Pumpkin King!") and determination to fix the mess he made before it's too late.
- Even though it marks where things start going wrong, this editor still gets a little shiver from "What's This?", when Jack realizes he's stumbled into exactly the sort of difference he wanted. "I must be dreaming/Wake up, Jack, this isn't fair!/What's this?"
- "Jack's Lament"? This Troper still gets all fuzzy inside from simply humming the freakin' thing!
- At the end when Jack has made his return to Halloweentown and Santa flies by, saying "Happy Halloween!", making snow and Jack saying "Merry Christmas!"
- In "Pesadillas Antes de Navidad", the Castellano dub, Jack and Sally's final duet is pure magic. Jack calls Sally "querida miya" (It's equivalent to "my beloved", but pretty much literally means "mine".) Their final lines translate to "Because I know that you are meant for me, and I for you." (squee!)