|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The way Sally escapes from Dr. Finklestein in the opening scene. Not only does she break free of the decrepit old doctor's grip, knocking him down, but the only part that Finklestein manages to grab on to (her arm) manages to smack him on the forehead, repeatedly.
- This bit and everything that follows:
(Oogie swings the ramp around)
Jack: Hello, Oogie.
- Including Santa's way of dispatching what's left of Oogie.
- Heck, Santa himself gets points for managing to remain so calm throughout the entire ordeal. The guy gets kidnapped from his home, finds himself face to face with a town full of hideous monsters, and is held prisoner by the freakin' Boogie Man (who threatens to turn him into stew--and possibly torture him); yet he manages to keep his composure almost the whole time.
- Better yet, he's actually defiant towards Oogie the entire time he's being threatened. Be honest: would you be able to talk back to a living, towering sack of bugs and snakes?
Santa: Release me fast, or you will have to answer for this heinous act!
- And then he calls out Jack on his behavior after being rescued.
Jack: Forgive me, Mr. Claws, I'm afraid I've made a terrible mess of your holiday.
Santa: Bumpy sleigh ride, Jack? [snatches his hat off Jack's head] The next time you get the urge to take over someone else's holiday, I'd listen to her! [points to Sally] She's the only one who makes any sense around this insane asylum! [huffs] Skeletons....
Jack: I hope there's still time--
Santa: To fix Christmas? Of course there is, I'm Santa Claus!
- And then he does, in record time. Seriously, major props for the jolly old elf.
- From the climax of "Poor Jack": "And I...JACK...THE PUMPKIN KING...Thats right! I AM THE PUMPKIN KING!" (laughs maniacally)
- What would happen if Jack Skellington took over the Haunted Mansion in his "take over Christmas" phase? Awesomeness, that's what.
- Jack's entrance. That is all.
- "Closing", anyone? The perfect ending for an awesome soundtrack.
- And while we're on the subject of awesome songs from that film, "Kidnap the Sandy Claws".
- The Oogie Boogie song was Awesomely creepy for me, seriously, what other Disney villain forces corpses in his lair to sing along?
- Sally intentionally jumps out of her tower and is broken to pieces on the ground. After a beat, she gets up and nonchalantly sews herself back together.
- Also, Sally going to save Santa herself. Granted, she fails, but honestly, only those who believe real women never wear dresses can deny that took guts.
- "How DARE you treat my friend so shamefully!"
- Awesome Music: This Is Halloween
- I always found it awesome that instead of Wangsting over his failure, Jack acknowledges that he screwed up, realizes that Halloween is his holiday, not Christmas, is sorry for his mistake, and goes off to fix things.