|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The New Adventures of Robin Hood was a 1997-1998 live action TV series on Turner Network Television. It was filmed in Vilnius, Lithuania. The tone of the series resembled its contemporaries Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess.
The series contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Marion
- Air Vent Passageway
- Anachronism Stew
- California Doubling: Scenic Lithuania doubles for Merrie Olde England.
- Five-Man Band
- Green Lantern Ring: In one episode, Rob acquires a unicorn horn to fight the Big Bad. He can command it to turn into anything from a weapon, to a ladder, to a length of rope. Towards the end he's flailing a bit, and just yells, "Give me what I need!"
- Historical Villain Upgrade: Rather than merely being a bad king as in most versions, this Prince John gleefully sacrifices peasants to Celtic goddesses.
- How Unscientific: "Marion Saves the Day" was about an alien crash-landing in Sherwood and repairing his space-ship in time before the Sheriff dissected him.
- Laser Blade: No, really. When Marion is kidnapped to be a demon god's bride, Robin shows up with an Unicorn horn that can changed into different energy weapons, one of which is a energy sword. This dissolves into a light saber duel when the lead worshiper possessed by the god reveals his own energy sword.
- Mini-Dress of Power: Marian wears a red one.
- The Other Darrin: Barbara Griffin replaced Anna Galvin as Marion in Season 2. John Bradley replaced Matthew Poretta as Robin in Season 3.
- Robin Hood
- Whip It Good: Marian
- Xenafication: Marian