|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Naked Brothers Band, which started out as an independent film, is a show about two boys, Nat and Alex Wolff, who have a successful band. Most of the episodes feature the boys' music.
As a side note, series producer/head writer/stars' mom Polly Draper wrote herself out of an on-camera role by making the boys' "mother" "dead", despite her husband and sons using their real names. Thus possibly becoming the first person in the history of the entertainment industry to literally commit career suicide.
And no, none of the characters are naked.
- Adults Are Useless - To the point where every adult seems to be mentally challenged.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents - As a meta-example a serious candidate for the all-time record.
- The Cast Showoff
- The Danza - All but one of the main characters use their real names in the show.
- The Documentary
- Growing Up Sucks - Remember that sweet little indie movie? What's cute when you're eight and your "fans" are grown-up is annoying when you're 13 and your real fans are mostly eight.
- Hilarity Ensues - Boy, does it ever.
- Little Boy Blue Note: The eponymous band.
- May-December Romance - between 13-year-old Nat and 15-year-old Rosalina (who just happened to be the only member of the regular cast that wasn't playing a fictionalized version of herself).
- Even more so with Alex's attempts at wooing Jessie, his babysitter.
- Merchandise-Driven - The band actually have their music and merchandise out in stores.
- Mockumentary - Though most of the Camera Tricks tropes that would be used in a mockumentary or The Documentary have been averted.
- Older Than They Look - Nat was 13-15 when the show aired, but looked about 10.
- One-Episode Wonder: Supetastic 6
- Parental Abandonment - Nat and Alex's dad is pretty much the only parent around, and he's pretty much absent in favor of doing other things.
- Prince and Pauper: in "Bar Mitzvah"
- Samus Is a Girl - Juanita.
- Stage Mom: The writer herself (their mother) defied this by writing herself as dead in-series.
- Take That - 80% of the references to it on this wiki, for starters.
- Word Salad Title