The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Ascended Fanboy: Shiraz Adam, the VA for Esteban, was a huge fan of the show back when it was popular in Montreal according to a DVD interview. Slightly subverted in his case because he didn't see it for another few years when he visited his cousins in the UK (Despite being dubbed in Canada, it was only ever screened in the UK and the US).
- In terms of keeping the show alive, honourable mention should go to fan Tim Skutt who gets a well-deserved interview on the DVD release. Years before an official English DVD release, this guy did a one-man fandub of the entire 39 episode series using the Japanese and French DVDs, taking the sound from his original home VHS recordings of the Nickelodeon broadcast.
- Feelies: The regular box set comes with a collector's booklet including official art, character synopses and episode synopses. The Deluxe Edition comes with an additional historical facts booklet, a double-sided poster including a map of the route taken by the protagonists, and six postcards of differing art between release regions.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Shared a lot of voice talent with Ulysses 31, most notably Ulysses and Telemachus's VA's as Gomez and Tao.
- No Export for You: The soundtracks and postcards.
- What Could Have Been: The Japanese score was considered for use for the French version but it wasn't used because the music didn't seem to have that adventurous feel that was expected.
- It would have been the difference between this show being considered another well-made addition to the early '80s Japanese/Euro co-productions, as opposed to arguably one of, if not the best of its type.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.