The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- "Time In A Bottle". Made even Harsher in Hindsight by the fact that Jim Henson is performing the character combined with the knowledge of what would eventually befall him.
- Things have been even crazier than normal in the theater, and Kermit's just about at the end of his rope when he has to go out and explain to the audience why the next act can't go on as planned. As he admits to being at a total loss, the curtains open on a bare stage...cue a particularly heartwrenching rendition of "Bein' Green", and grab the hankies.
- Gonzo's "My Way". Gonzo is preparing to leave the show for a film career in Bombay, India, and sings this as his farewell. It's so sad that even Gonzo breaks down and can't finish. Don't worry, he comes back.
- The end of The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. The Muppets just discover this guy Jim for the first time and decide to put on a tribute show! But... this special was made in 1990. Just watch, and have tissues ready.
- Kermit, now puppeteered by Steve Whitmire, enters in the mist of their "Just One Person" tribute number. And photos of Kermit's previous puppeteer are seen in the background. Add to how, in this scene, Kermit is the only Muppet to miss hearing the news that their creator died, and even though he is nowhere near as sad as the others and mistakes their song as them finding the right performance for the special, he requests they "end it with something... silly." Perfect ending.
- So symbolic of how Jim Henson would be pleased to see Kermit being puppeteered and cheerful.
- Danny Kaye overhearing Statler and Waldorf talking about what a hack this weeks guest is, and telling Scooter "I think I need some cheering up." Thankfully, it turns into a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming when they realize they were mistaken about who the guest was this week, and tell Danny how much they love him.
- Watching the episode with Zero Mostel is quite a bittersweet experience, as he died before it aired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.