|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"His words carry a weight that would break a less interesting man's jaw.""He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World."
"He's a lover, not a fighter; but he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas."
"He is the life of parties he has never attended."
"His beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man's entire body."
"He can speak French... in Russian."
"He once punched a magician. That's right. You heard me."
"If he were to punch you in the face, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him."
"If he patted you on the back, you would put it on your resume."
"He once taught a dog to bark... in Spanish."
"He bowls overhand."
"Sharks have a week dedicated to him."
"He lives vicariously... through himself."
"He once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels."
"When in Rome, they do as he does."
The Most Interesting Man In The World is an ad campaign for Dos Equis beer which began airing in the United States and Canada in 2006. It features a distinguished older gentleman who is quite the fascinating fellow -- a classier version of the Chuck Norris Facts Memetic Mutation.
Might have inspired Old Spice's The Man Your Man Could Smell Like ad campaign.
This Memetic Mutation provides examples of:
- The Ace
- Anal Probing: "Alien Abductors have asked him to probe them."
- Badass Beard: It's even listed on his organ donor card.
- Badass Spaniard
- Bottled Cool
- Catch Phrase: "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty, my friends."
- Crazy Awesome: In-Universe
- Cultured Badass
- Death Glare: His advice for self defense? "The right look should suffice."
- Expy: Literature-minded people will notice that he looks and acts quite a bit like Ernest Hemingway turned Up to Eleven. Scrolling through Hemingway's wikipedia article will present pictures reminiscent of the Dos Equis ads. Also, all the Paris section of the article he is quoted as saying they are "the most interesting people in the world."
- Friendly Enemy: "Even his enemies list him as their emergency contact number."
- Inverted Trope: In case you hadn't noticed, everything he does is the OPPOSITE of what would normally happen. Including the fact that he's a beer mascot that doesn't always drink beer.
- The Medic: "In most countries his medical advice qualifies as a health care plan"
- Memetic Badass: In-Universe
- The Munchausen
- Noodle Incident: The commercials are pretty much all these, bits and pieces of footage from the character's various adventures. Notable ones include speeding away in a lifeboat full of beauty pageant contestants, and leading several foreign dignitaries through a cave with nothing but a lighter and a snappy tuxedo.
- Our Zombies Are Different: "He is forbidden from walking through cemeteries, because of that one incident where he raised the dead."
- The Parody:
- Steve Nash did some parodies of him for some Vitamin Water commercials while he was proclaimed as "The Most Ridiculous Man In The World."
- As did Xkcd.
- "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I beat my wife and kids savagely."
- ESPN's hockey analyst Barry Melrose did one as "The World's Most Interesting Analyst."
- WWE did one as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnUXXdTogXg
- I don't watch TV, but if I did, I'd watch Nick Swardson's Pretend Time.
- Even Myth Busters got in on the fun.
Grant Imahara: "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Myth Busters."
- And recently, So Random, a kids' show, got in the act with Grady Mitchell as "The Most Coolest Kid in School". The difference? He endorses 3 different things!
- California radio station 102.5 loves to parody and poke fun at anything they can find...so it doesn't come as a surprise that they have a series of commercials about "The Most Annoying Man In The World".
- To advertise the Puss in Boots movie, they parodied this commercial with Puss.
- A meme-generated picture read: "I'm not always racist, but when I am, it's on Xbox Live".
- My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic fanvid: The most interesting Pony in the World.
- After a press tour by Vladimir Putin, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me said that the Dos Equis guy may be the most interesting man in the world, but when Putin drinks beer, he does it with that guy's mom.
- Real Time with Bill Maher gives us Mitt Romney, the Least Interesting Man in the World.
- Parody Sue: Obviously.
- Rated "M" for Manly
- Rule of Cool
- Shrouded in Myth
- Testosterone Poisoning
- Vegetarian Vampire: "He once talked a vampire into becoming a vegetarian."
"Stay thirsty, my friends."