The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Acceptable Religious Targets: Mrs. Carmody, who is deeply religious... and insane.
- And wrong. As any one who deals with predators and wild animals can tell you, half of the things she did would have simply attracted more of them.
- Awesome Music: The Host Of Seraphim, used in the last 8-10 minutes of the movie.
- Big Bad: Despite the hordes of man-eating monsters in the mist, it's Mrs. Carmody that wears this title.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The Mantis monster is never seen again after it kills Wayne Jessup.
- Complete Monster: Mrs. Carmody, especially when she calls for David's son to be sacrificed.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Ollie and Irene.
- Follow the Leader: Half Life was inspired by the book.
- Hell Is That Noise: You know something horrible is coming when out of nowhere, a siren begins to sound, 10 minutes into the movie.
- Love to Hate: Mrs. Carmody, whose character, personality-wise, is basically Dolores Umbridge with a religious twist.
- Moral Event Horizon: Mrs. Carmody starts off unbalanced (though more conflicted and likeable in the movie than the original story), then becomes the chosen messiah of the people, and starts ordering human sacrifices to the monsters outside. Okay. This is a horror movie. Then she orders David's son and the woman who had been keeping the kid calm this entire time to be thrown to the monsters...
- Retroactive Recognition: Ollie is the Dream Lord.
- Too Cool to Live: Ollie, the store clerk with the handgun.
- Tyrant Takes the Helm: Mrs. Carmody, who turns half the people trapped in the store into religious fanatics, making it increasingly more dangerous for those in the store that still have their sanity.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.