The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Big Name Fan: Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse has said that it is his favorite show. He even covered the theme song.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: K'nuckles selling fish heads in "Fish Heads".
- K'nuckles and Flapjack's seawater-induced hallucinations in "How the West Was Fun". Though they are hallucinations...
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: K'nuckles: "I can't count to four, but I can count to three! One! Two! Three!" He pushes all the pirates out of Stormalong by himself. Turns out he's a bit more of a Badass and less of a Fake Ultimate Adventurer than everyone thought.
- "I'm no gentleman... I'm an ADVENTURER!!!" "ADVENTURER!!"
- Crowning Moment of Funny: It's hard to pin any exact moment down. Whether thanks to a joke or to an odd facial expression, there's one every five minutes.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: "You're my best friend, cap'n..."
- "I know him! He's my best friend!"
- And that part is followed by a Crowning Moment of Funny, too.
- Cammie Island is an entire episode filled with CMOH moments...especially towards the end. "Sailors always return to new friends. Because, eventually, new friends become old friends...and sailors always return to old friends."
- "I'll say "Cammie"....Cammie." Awww....
- The episode where a whale named Harvey kidnaps Flapjack and K'Nuckles has this and a Crowning Moment of Awesome for Bubbie. After hiding at the bottom of the ocean (since Harvey is so much bigger and stronger than her), Bubbie finds that Flapjack has successfully folded his underwear into little hearts. Proud of this, and more determined than ever, she then shows Harvey why you don't want to mess with Flapjack when she's around.
- Who Is That Man In The Mirror gets one of these towards the end. After spending time having well, adventures, with a "Real Adventurer", said Adventurer asks Flapjack if he'd like to join him. Flapjack....declines saying, although he had fun with the "Real Adventurer", he'd rather stay with Bubbie and K'Nuckles (the latter of whom spent most of the episode lamenting over the fact that he was out of shape and believed that Flapjack would choose the "Real Adventurer" over him). That's how much Flapjack views K'Nuckles as a friend.
- And also the ending episode where K'nuckles and Bubbie...uh...split up. Explaining it doesn't do the heartwarming justice.
- "For Flapjack! And for you Bubbie!"
- In the episode Just One Kiss, Flapjack tried to forfeit a game of billiards when Peppermint Larry had a mental breakdown over the idea of losing Candy Wife.
- Dude, Not Funny: How K'nuckles reacts when Bubby and Flap laugh at him for saying his life is hard.
- Ear Worm: The theme song.
- "Two pieces of canddyyy~"
- Lampshaded in the episode Jar She Blows, where Flapjack is stuck with one piece of candy. Cue droopy remix.
- The tune of said droopy remix is reused a few times when Flapjack finds himself in a bad position. Like "Faaake Genie Islaaaaand~".
- There's the episode where Flap is singing at the Knot Festival and the one where K'nuckles is a seal. It's quite... entrancing.
- "OVERALL ENTHUSIASM, OVERALL ENTHUSIASM, OVERALL ENTHUSIASM, YEEE-HAW!"
- HE'S A MAN WITH A LITTLE GIRL'S VOICE!
- The Plague Song from K'Nuckles Is A Filthy Rat
- "Tale of the Plant Man".
- "Two pieces of canddyyy~"
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Several minor characters could count, but Dr. Barber and Lolly Poopdeck seem to be the standouts.
- Ho Yay: Flapjacks affection towards K'nuckles.
- In Just One Kiss, Flapjack's magical powers at playing Pool is because of 'his love for the captain'. He makes sure to say that he loves K'Nuckles everytime he hits the Que ball. Which is basically every 30 seconds.
- Idiot Plot: The Termite episode requires you to forget that K'nuckles can take off his legs in order to make any sense.
- That, or K'nuckles is just too stubborn to take them off.
- Memetic Mutation: A good deal of Flap's reactions almost seem to have been designed for use as image macros. Sure enough...
- K'nuckles even more so!
- Dr. Barber's "Hmm, yes..." has become this, especially during the scene where he hypnotizes K'nuckles.
Dr. Barber: Hyp-no-tize... hyp-no-tize, hmm, yes...
- Nausea Fuel: Stormalong getting infected by the plague. And that might not even be the grossest scene. Blood gnats also qualify.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Doctor Barber.
- Nightmare Fuel: To the point that it has its own freaking page!
- Paranoia Fuel: Your entire school could be puppets out to get you, controlled by a tentacle monster. Oh, and a talking whale could be watching you...right...this...second.
- Periphery Demographic
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: It's been said that this is basically SpongeBob on even more drugs.
- Too Good to Last
- Toy Ship: Flapjack and Sally Syrup.
- Ugly Cute: The Plant Man, who has an awesome little song.
- Villain Decay: 8-Armed Willy singing at Flapjack's request at the end of "Willy."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.