|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
He's an excitable, adventure-loving boy who was raised by Bubbie, a talking whale. Despite her warnings, Flapjack is spellbound by K'nuckles' stories and has set his sights becoming a real ADVENTURER.
- Apologizes a Lot: Even when he's repeatedly told to stop talking.
- Author Avatar / Descended Creator
- Cute Shotaro Boy
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: An enitre episode was devoted to how much he looks like a girl, then later how much he SOUNDS like a girl.
- The Hyena: NYEHEHEHEEEEHEHEEE
- Parental Abandonment
- What Could Have Been: Paul Reubens (the guy known for his alter-ego Pee-Wee Herman) was supposed to voice Flapjack, but he never made it to the recording sessions, so the show's creator decided to voice him.
K'nuckles is a washed-up, old sailor who claims to be the greatest pirate the world has ever known. He's always telling over-the-top tales of his adventures and getting Flapjack wrapped up in his high seas hijinks.
- The Alcoholic / G-Rated Drug: Maple Syrup
- Anti Role Model
- Book Dumb: He can only count to 3. But counting to three allowed him to save all of Stormalong once.
- Brian Doyle Murray
- Let's Get Dangerous: He's basically a lazy man who talks about adventures but never does them, barely knows how to write and count, and evryone in-universe make fun of him, but he's capable of carrying Bubbie on his back, winning a fight alone against 100 pirates, escape from a room full of traps, sailing a ship in a storm during a fight against 8-Armed Willy, and stealing wish-candies from a mermaid, among other things and he's 70 or 80 years old.
- Mistaken for Pregnant
- The Slacker: Once held the title for laziest man in Stormalong.
- Talk Like a Pirate
Bubbie is like an over-protective mother to Flapjack. She prefers the safety of Stormalong to the dangers of the open seas, but Bubbie is always there for Flapjack, no matter what kind of trouble K'nuckles gets him into.
She's the miserly old hag who runs the dock of Stormalong Harbor. The Dock Hag has an almost mystical flair for issuing tickets. And her favorite ticket is for leaving whales in the water unattended.
Peppermint Larry is the overly-friendly owner of the Candy Barrel. He's the only person who can satisfy our heroes' candy cravings. When they don't have money for candy. Larry feeds them unreliable clues to Candied Island.
The resident doctor and barber of Stormalong Harbor. Dr. Barber often comes off as having malicious intentions, though he usually means well.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath
- Mad Doctor
- Truth in Television: In the early days, the titles "barber" and "surgeon" were not entirely separate.
- Verbal Tic: Doctor Barber has the tendency to say "Hmm" and/or "yes" in between sentences.
Eight Armed Willy
The most dangerous creature on the high seas, Eight-Armed Willy is a bone-crushing sea monster with an appetite for whales, adventurers and especially candy. He's our heroes' main rival for Candied Island.