|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Last night I had a dream...
(I Fell in Love with) The Majesty of Colors is a game about a sea monster that resides at the bottom of the ocean and has newly awakened, and you can choose to befriend or fight the humans that pass by. The game has five different endings, and each one may be beautiful, sad, happy or inspiring.
It can be played here.
This game contains the following Tropes:
- All Just a Dream: Not a spoiler, since it tells you right at the beginning.
- Book Ends: The game begins with the sea creature awakening from a dream. Each ending ends with it waking up in its bed, pondering on its previous actions.
- Downer Ending: The one where you fail to save the child, and he is eaten by sharks. Or, there is the one where you die because of the missiles. Your Mileage May Vary.
- Eldritch Abomination: Essentially what the creature is. You don't have to be evil though.
- Multiple Endings: The game has five different ones.
- Purple Prose: The sea creature is quite eloquent in its monologues.
- Title Drop: "Last night I dreamed I was an immense beast, floating in darkness. I knew nothing of the surface world until I fell in love with the majesty of colors."