"When slaves love each other, it's not love"
The Maids is a 1974 movie based on an absurdist play with the same title by Jean Genet, which in turn is very loosely based on the case of infamous Papin sisters. It revolves around sado-masochistic hate-love of two Psycho Lesbian sisters serving as maids. They take turns to put on their mistress' dresses and impersonate her while the other still plays a maid in their masochistic game. Slowly, the urge to kill their beloved and hated mistress becomes stronger and stronger, and their deranged minds weaker and weaker...
- Cloudcuckoolander (the mistress)
- Death Seeker - Solange
- Downer Ending
- French Maid (just look at the title)
- Horrible Judge of Character (the mistress thinks her maids are so sweet and reliable)
- Les Yay
- Love Martyr (they take turns)
- My Name Is Not Durwood - The mistress cannot be bothered to remember which is Claire and which is Solange.
- Narm (the mistress is so dumb that it becomes even funny)
- Perfect Poison (death by sleeping pills overdose is not so peaceful really)
- Psycho Lesbian
- The Masochism Tango (main plot)
- Oblivious Guilt Slinging - The mistress trusts her maidens (who frame her lover and plot to poison her) so much that even they themselves feel ashamed.
- Sister/Sister Incest
- Too Dumb to Live (the mistress)
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story (see above)
- Yandere (pretty much everyone in the movie)