|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Arguably, Janet.
- Complete Monster: Martin Chatwin, who's prepared to murder, mutilate, torture and consume his enemies just to keep his stranglehold on Fillory. And these "enemies" are almost entirely helpless- especially Professor March's class, who remained frozen in time while awake and conscious just because Martin felt like screwing with them. And when one of them dares fight back, he eats her alive.
- Reynard the Fox in the sequel. He casually murders a room full of people then rapes the heroine as her friend watches on helplessly
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: When time stops still in the middle of class and The Beast appears, though they can't move, everyone is still aware of what's happening, which means that Amanda Orloff was perfectly conscious the entire time she was being eaten alive one bite at a time, and probably a few people had no choice but to watch it all. The Beast counts as this in general.
- Jerkass Woobie: Quentin drifts strongly towards assholish behaviour in some chapters, but he remains consistently pitiable because a lot of the assholish behaviour is rooted in his own psychological issues- the inability to ever be satisfied with his location, for example.
- Unfortunate Implications: Apparently, getting raped by a trickster god gives you the potential to turn into a beautiful demi-goddess.
- The Woobie: Quentin (at least in the early chapters), Alice, and at times, Josh.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.