|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Obviously, Narnia is the basis for the Show Within a Show that provides the title.
- Word of God is that Quentin was named after a character in The Sound and The Fury.
- The five Chatwin children are named after real-life intrepid explorer Bruce Chatwin.
- The great field of grass that is known as "The Sea" is a play on the Dothraki Sea in George R.R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire.
- One particular scene is explicitly borrowed from In Search of Lost Time, where Marcel stumbles on a lesbian couple having a sado-masochistic affair.
- A marble nicknamed "Rakshasa" refers to an old D&D character in the Monster Manual.
- Sir Hotspots is actually a reference to Martin Tenbones in Sandman.
- Amelia Popper’s Practical Exercises for Young Magicians refers to a similar David Popper's books on the cello.
- "Ricky, the man behind the counter", is named for great magician and magic scholar Ricky Jay.
- The use of the word "coolth" a story titled Beauty and the Beasts. Most editors try to take it out.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.