|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A most amusing and innovative account of the myriad adventures of an 18th-century rapscallion and rogue whose quotidian missives are "posted" on the "Inter-net" in the form of one of the notorious and scandalous "weblogues".
In other words, think Jane Austen meets Dennis the Menace US. Designed to be funny and witty, and to make Dennis the Menace enjoyable (and make Dennis a menace) again, even if that means warping the characters into nasty, nasty grown-ups. Additionally, many of the the supporting characters are from other comics or literature. Based, very loosely, on this The Comics Curmudgeon bit.
Unfortunately, it's been at a dead stop since September of 2008. It isn't hopeless; he went quiet from late December of 2007 to August of 2008, as well, so he may come back.
It can be found here.
This work provides examples of:
- Character Blog: All of the entries are told in the first person; the "cover story" is that they're excerpts from Dennis' memoirs written years later.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dennis himself.
- Didn't See That Coming: One of Dennis' schemes seems to work perfectly, but a totally logical chain of events ends up with Dennis losing a fortune and locked in a French prison. Cue the trope title.
- Loveable Rogue: Dennis
- The Mark: Sir Julius, Edward Mills
- The Munchausen: Dennis
- Regency England: The entries currently take place in 1794, although there's references to later periods in Dennis' life.
- Rich Bitch: Margaret
- Shout-Out: Tons, from Batman: The Animated Series to The Princess Bride.
- Upperclass Twit: Joe MacDonald
- The Vicar: Dr. Staneglass
- Zany Scheme: Most of Dennis' plans to enrich himself or, better, his friends fall into this category.