|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
What Lola wants, Lola gets.
The Loved Ones is a Aussie Horror (though very darkly comical) film released during the Fall of 2010. After turning down Lola's invitation to the prom, teenager Brent finds himself tied up at the girl's home, trapped in a hellish imitation of a prom with Lola and her sick father.
The film is receiving a theatrical release in the United States during the Summer of 2012.
This movie contains the following tropes:
- Axe Crazy - Lola, Lola, Lola. . . .
- Black Comedy - And how!
- Body Horror - Quite a lot. Poor Brent.
- Disproportionate Retribution - Say no to Lola because you already have a girlfriend? You'd better watch out.
- Gory Discretion Shot
- Kick the Dog / Moral Event Horizon - showing us right from the start that Brent's kidnappers mean business.
- Leitmotif - Am I Not Pretty Enough for Lola
- Love Makes You Crazy
- Shown Their Work - Lola and her father's method of lobotomizing their victims with a power drill is similar to Jeffrey Dahmer's method.
- Yandere - Lola is like the Yuno Gasai of yanderes in film.
- Alternately, she could just be Cute and Psycho, especially since she was actually in love with her father not any of the boys she kidnapped and tortured.
- Then again, when her father dies, she does tell the boy she's gonna kill his girl and his mother so. . . . little bit of both?