|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A short lived comedy series on Fox airing from 2006 to 2007. The show focuses on Sam Sullivan, a young professional hired straight out of school by an airline company. Initially the focus of the series was Sam balancing his social life with his responsibilities, the second season became a more standardized Work Com, and most of the non-work cast was written out of the show. This change didn't save the show, and the second season was cut short.
This show provides examples of:
- Acceptable Targets: An episode is built around the fact that fat people are often considered this.
- Catch Phrase: Darcy's "I went to M.I.T."
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Lizzie and Piper in between the first and second seasons. Particularly jarring because Sam's crush on Piper is the major subplot of the first season.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Sully.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: NOT Meryl.
- Fat Suit: Sam dons one in order to experience what his overweight passengers experience on his planes.
- Fetish Fuel: Darcy, on her date with Derek Tricoli.
- Genre Shift: Mild example, but between the first and second seasons, the premise of the show was Sam balancing a healthy social life and his job. The second season effectively shifted to a full-fledged Work Com, complete with most of the cast that wasn't affiliated with his job being written out of the show.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Snobby Derek Tricoli works for Goldman Sachs. Two years later, the firm's reputation would suffer due to the 2008 financial crisis.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Darcy, though Sam isn't incompetent by any means.
- Jerkass: Derek Tricoli.
- Long-Distance Relationship: Piper, which is part of the reason for her UST with Sam.
- Product Placement: The central theme of one episode.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Thanks to Chuck Cunningham Syndrome, very unresolved.