|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- California Doubling: Vienna plays the part of Bratislava, as well as appearing as itself.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Big Bad Brad Whitaker is played by Joe Don Baker who would, ironically go on to play Bond's CIA contact Jack Wade in the first two of Pierce Brosnan's Bond films.
- Necros is Tony (ho ho ho, Bond has the gun now).
- The well-read and helpful Arabic guy is the Big Bad of True Lies.
- Dr. Charles Nichols is General Koskov
- Sallah, or Gimli, is General Puskin.
- And his mistress is "Warrior Woman" from Mad Max 2.
- Major Iceborg helps General Koskov escape by distracting her boss.
- The Other Darrin: Two short-lived replacements arrive in this film - Timothy Dalton as Bond, and Caroline Bliss as Moneypenny.
- Also John Terry, who briefly shows up as Felix Leiter, becoming the sixth (seventh if you include Never Say Never Again) actor in the role.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Bond was meant to be after General Gogol, the recurring KGB head played by Walter Gotell in every Bond movie since The Spy Who Loved Me. However, Gotell was ill at the time, and thus, unable to commit to the film. So it was written that General Pushkin became head of the KGB as Gogol became a diplomat. By the time Gotell was well enough, he essentially makes a cameo as Gogol in the end.
- What Could Have Been : Pierce Brosnan was set to play Bond, and even screen-tested for the part, but had to back out due to Remington Steele commitments.
- Sam Neill was also considered for the part.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.