The heroine of the story and the current Te Xaun Ze. Voiced by Lara Jill Miller
- Barrier Maiden: Implied though never stated.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Cute Bruiser
- The Chosen One
- Blessed with Suck/It Sucks to Be the Chosen One: She gets empowered by magical forces to help combat supernatural threats--but has to remain in Orchid Bay until a successor takes her place. Since she only 11, that'll be a while. If she tries to leave the city limits, a force field prevents her from doing so. Also, she can't tell or show any of her friends or family about it either, making her sudden exits hard to explain.
- I Just Want to Be Normal
- Leeroy Jenkins: A lot of her tactics are usually "rush in and beat up the villain".
- Kid Hero
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: She does this a few times such as when she banished what she thought were evil trolls who were really guardians keeping Loki on lockdown.
- Skunk Stripe: An indication of her protector status. Was originally white when it appeared, June dyes it purple.
- Ten-Minute Retirement: Gives up her job to Ashley in "Take My Life Please" but quickly returns when Ashley proves inadequate.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World
Ray Ray Lee
Juniper's younger brother. Can also see magical creatures as well and most of the time tags along with her much to her chagrin. Voiced by Kath Soucie
- Annoying Younger Sibling: And how.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: He frequently complains how he doesn't have any magical powers and wishes he could fight monsters too. He gets his wish in one episode due to a space time malfuction caused by time wraiths, hes made the Te Xaun Ze since June never existed in that timeline. And quickly finds out first hand her job not as easy as it looks.
- Contagious Powers: Somewhat, when the monsters that were attacking June tried to suck out her powers as she was just coming into them. Ray Ray interrupted the transfer and some of the power got implanted in him. Hence why he can see and communicate with magical creatures. Ah-Mah hints he may have gotten other magical powers too, but nothing is really shown of it.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He may be a hyperactive child but when he gets focused, he can be quite as competent, if not more so, then June.
- Emergency Transformation: In one episode he takes a potion meant for a small giant. It winds up turning him into a dinosaur which June and Monroe don't know how to reverse. They end up having to make a homunculus body and transfer his brain into it.
- I Just Want to Be Special
- Tagalong Kid: More or less. He does have his moments though.
A Scottish dog and adviser to the Te Xuan Ze. He provides information on the magical creatures as well as assistance. Voiced by Carlos Alazraqui.
- Catch Phrase: "Oh for pity sake".
- Deadpan Snarker
- Exposition Fairy: Provides most of the information on the monster they're dealing with.
- Large Ham: He has his moments, Dog Day Afternoon being a particular example.
- Non-Human Sidekick
- Really Seven Hundred Years Old: 600 to be exact and served at least three generations of Te Xuan Zes
- Talking Animal: Only to those who can hear him. To any one else, he just barking.
Jasmine "Ah-Mah" Lee
The former Te Xuan Ze and Juniper's grandmother. Voiced by Amy Hill
- Blessed with Suck: Same deal as Juniper, but she had it rougher as the Te Xuan Ze skipped over her son meaning she had to stay as the magical protector even longer before June took over. A lot of the time, she seen traveling and doing various activities like ski diving or rock climbing. June calls her out when its revealed she can't leave Orchid Bay, but Jasmine reveals she trying to find a way so Juniper can leave the city.
- I Was Quite a Looker
- Never Mess with Granny: She can still hold her own despite her age.
- Retired Badass
- The Obi-Wan
A young girl Sasquatch that goes to live among humans when she see there no use for her living with her kind. June uses a spell to make her look human and she joins Juniper's inner circle in fighting off magical threats. She's an exception to the magical rule as she not a magical creature so regular people can see her. Though is in tune enough that see can see and interact with other magical creatures. Voiced by Tara Strong
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and Yeti
- Cute Bruiser
- Cute Monster Girl: Especially after she loses the excess fur.
- Granola Girl: Somewhat due to her life of living in the woods.
- I Just Want to Be Normal
- Instant Expert: She a very fast learner.
- Only Sane Woman: Among her kind.
- Pinocchio Syndrome
- Sixth Ranger
June's older brother. Initially he had no clue of the magical on-goings of his house and would always be mind wiped if he stumbled upon such. However he became immune to the memory dust and was eventually let in on June's Te Xuan Ze duties, becoming an assent to her. Is said to be quite skilled in magic as his main hobby is LARP-ing and the fake magic used for it is actually based off real ones. Voiced by Alexander Polinsky
- Aloof Older Brother: Is a bit of a jerk in the first two seasons, but drops it once he finds out June's secret.
- Instant Expert: Due to already being a fan of magic via LARP-ing.
- Nobody Loves the Bassist: Juniper and her brothers have a band named "Short Angry Freuds". She told her big brother Dennis nobody would pay attention to him because he's the bassist.
- Secret Keeper
- Seventh Ranger
June's friend who tries to act like a wannabe homeboy. Voiced by Tara Strong
- Cool Loser
- Hidden Depths: He shows hes a pretty decent actor. Even Ophelia, who doubted he had any acting ability and shafted him with a small role of village idiot (which he was given without even getting the chance to audition by the previous director), was surprised when she was forced to give him the lead role after June was busy with other matters.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy
- Spoiled Brat: He and his parents are actually quite wealthy. Though he's not really a brat so much as eccentric.
- Three Girls and A Guy: He the only male friend in June's group. (Marcus doesn't count as he rarely seen)
Juniper long time best friend. Voiced by Colleen O'Shaughnessey
- Ambiguously Jewish: Its only until her sister has a Bar Mitzvah that it becomes official.
- Crazy Prepared: Seems to have a precaution for any emergencies even meteors
- Genki Girl: She can be pretty hyper at times.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Plucky Girl
- The Ditz: Somewhat, but at the end she does start to wise up when she visit June's house in the finale. The series ends with her finding a book on magical creatures and her spotting Juniper leaping from building to building.
Juniper's cynical goth friend. Voiced by Candi Milo
- Deadpan Snarker / The Snark Knight
- Bilingual Bonus: You wouldn't tell from first sight but shes Hispanic.
- Hidden Depths: She complains a lot of the activities they do. But when she given the chance to direct a play. She proves she has the skills for it. In a later episode, a movie short she directed actually won a film contest.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She can be pretty rough but she does care for her friends.
Juniper's love interest. Voiced by Phil Lamarr
- Everyone Can See It: June tries to downplay her like of him. But shes not fooling anyone.
- Dreadlock Rasta: Though just a hairstyle, hes a pretty easy going guy.
- Token Minority Couple: Hes black and June's Asian, do the math. They don't really hook up in the show proper but its obvious they like each other.
A ancient mummy who was reanimated by a cult seeking power. However turns out that he was really just harmless business man using supernatural forces for his products. Voiced by Jeff Bennett
- Con Man: In his second appearance he raises hysteria over "Bat Otters" so people will by his protection gear.
- Harmless Villain: Hes no fighter and both of the plots shown are really just him trying to run a business. Its his underhanded means that make him a concern.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: His last appearance had him eaten by say bat otter he was hiding.
- Large Ham: He speaks and acts like a Texas tycoon.
The Norse God of Mischief. Voiced by Jeff Bennett
- Abusive Parents: Yeah he's a father, not a very good one though.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: After he's defeated the first time, Thor invites him to a party so he can chill out. Loki remains grumpy till Thor reminds him it's the party or a rather painful sounding dimension. Loki picks the former.
- I Lied: Though he's pretty upfront about it. One example:
Juniper: (After playing in his faux game show, picking a door and getting attacked by a monster) But you said I won!
Loki: HELLO! Master of lies! How many times do I have to say it?!
- Jerkass Gods
- Public Domain Character
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Thor of course.
- Trickster Archetype: A more sinister version.
- The Unfavorite: He mentions that his mother liked Thor best.
Stephen the Sandman
A sandman who went rouge and tries to take over the human world. Voiced by Daran Norris
- Affably Evil
- Dirty Coward
- One-Winged Angel: He transforms into a pretty muscular build. Subverted though as he doesn't fight June, opting to run away.
- Your Worst Nightmare: Tries this on Juniper--and fails.
A demon witch who was banished by an ancient Te Xaun Ze many centuries ago. Some monsters released her out of boredom and she resumed her conquest of the human world. Voiced by Susan Silo
- Bad Boss: Hates bad news and doesn't take it well if you give her any.
- I Was Quite a Looker: She was much more fit during the ancient times. Post banishment, she became pudgy and needs her flying fish to get around.
- Final Boss: She the last villain faced in the show.
- Wicked Witch: To the tee.
Short for "Humans for the Abolishment of Magic" or "Humans Against Magic". A group of humans who, for some reason, hate magic and seek to destroy it and any monsters in their way. They wear specialized suits that allow them to see magical creatures and wield tools to fight or capture monsters.
- Actor Allusion: June nicknames the leader "Lex" for his similarities to him. His voice actor also happens to be Clancy Brown who voiced Lex Luthor in the 90's Superman cartoons.
- Fantastic Racism
- Fun with Acronyms
- Van Helsing Hate Crime: Oh yeah
A female demon out to free her banished father. Voiced by Jessica Walter
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Her father, Cordoth, who was once a fearful demon back then. However he let himself go during his banishment and is now quite lazy, chubby, and always thinking about food.
- Beehive Hairdo
- Daddy's Little Villain
- Mirror Match: Her first scheme involved creating a duplicate of June. When her assistant flubbed it the first time, she had to make clones of Roger, Jody and Ophelia to lure her in.
- No Name Given: Her real name never spoken, she only referred to as "boss" or "mistress" by her lackeys.
- Trapped in TV Land: Movie Land to be exact where she was banished after her first defeat.
The villain of Ray Ray's favorite comic superhero, Boomfist. He's accidentally released when a spell was casted over the comic book and seeks to take over the real world. Voiced by S. Scott Bullock
- Animate Inanimate Object: Of he lands on a something without a head (usually a statue) he can animate it as his own.
- Brain In a Jar: Well head in a jar. Sorta counts
- Third Person Person
One Shot Villains
A powerful Te Xuan Ze that went bad when he tried to take control of the magical world. Voiced by James Sie
- The Ace: Said to be the most powerful Te Xuan Ze of his time. He certainly has the skills to back it up. Least till June starts improvising, then he can barely keep up with her.
- Expy: He looks an awful lot like Samurai Jack. Considering both shows share the no outline style and were running together at the time. That might not be coincidence.
- Fallen Hero
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Still having a bad day, eh Jackie?
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He was turned into a statue and given to Ah-Mah to be looked after.
- We Can Rule Together: Offers it to June in a last gambit to save himself. Doesn't work.
A former magical elder who was banished after trying to take over the world. Voiced by Daran Norris
- French Jerk: With a name like Jean-Claude, what do you expect?
- Girl Posse: Has two female demons that follow him around.
- I Meant to Do That: Every time one of his female followers points out something thats gone wrong in his plan. He counters it was always a part of his plan. Riiiight.
- Ted Baxter: Talks a big game but in truth he's just a cowardly show off.
- The Unfought: June too busy undoing his spell to deal with him and when she finally succeeds, he runs off.
- What Could Have Been: Had the show continued, its most likely he would've returned.
A demoness who takes the form of an old man zookeeper. She kidnaps monsters off the streets then turns them into animals so she can feed off their magical energy and keep her youthful looks. Voiced by Kath Soucie
- Brain Bleach: When she started to turn back to her true form, she's naked and wrinkly @_@.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Thrown into a zoo cell just as she did her victims.
- No Ontological Inertia: Her captured animals are her energy source. Once they leave the zoo, she quickly loses her powers.
- Vain Sorceress: Indeed, her true form is a little imp-like demon.
A transfer student who comes to June's school and quickly starts wooing her. That is till its revealed he Loki's son who was sent to free him of his prison by switching places with June. Voiced by Dee Bradley Baker
- Half-Human Hybrid: A demigod.
- Heel Face Turn: Actually does start to care about June in his effort to lure her to Loki.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Trapped himself and father in the void to save June.
- Was It All a Lie?: What June asks him when she finds out who he is.
Mitch the Enchanted Rhinoceros
A caretaker of the Easter bunnies and chickens. He went rouge after tiring of looking after them and seeked to take over the Easter holiday. Voiced by Dee Bradley Baker
- False-Flag Operation: His plan involved getting the chickens to revolt against the bunnies. Then getting both sides to go to war (which was helped when both sides had William and Monroe as their generals who were bickering at the time).
- Magical Nanny: What his job essentially boiled down to.
- Only Sane Man: How he views himself anyway, thinking that instead of candy kids should get useful things like batteries and socks.
A good 4th-degree sorceress who passes by Orchid Bay one day while training. Voiced by Kath Soucie
- Cute Witch
- Plucky Girl: Can rival Jody for this position.
- Talking To Herself: With Ray Ray, their voices are very similar.
A comic book superhero that's a favorite of Ray Ray's. Was released from his comic books to combat Wrongness. Voiced by Dee Bradley Baker
- Broken Aesop: Parodied.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In his first appearance he did this to stop Wrongness.
- Nineties Anti-Hero: Indeed, his solution to everything is pretty much violence.
The Norse God of Thunder. Voiced by S. Scott Bullock.
- Drop the Hammer: Uh...yeah.
- Girl Posse: Gains a trio of female assistant called the "Hammer-rettes" in his second appearance. They don't think much of him though.
- Large Ham: Likes to put on the "almighty" spiel just for kicks.
- No Kill Like Overkill: His second appearance had him tracking a Vindolf Hobgoblin to June's school and planning to vaporize it just to kill the thing. The dope never considered y'know, waiting till the kids were gone to do it. June has to talk him into letting her flush the creature out before he takes action.
- Public Domain Character
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Treats June like an old friend and an all around nice guy if not a little lackadaisical.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Loki.
- Surfer Dude: How he usually talks and acts.
Monroe's retired father. Voiced by Martin Jarvis
- Abusive Parents: Is always chiding Monroe over his weight and tactics as June's adviser.
- Aw, Look -- They Really Do Love Each Other: He may be a jerk but he does love his son even if he won't admit it.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Not really one for strategy and it got him in trouble in his first appearance.
- Scotireland: Even moreso then Monroe since he dresses the part.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: Wishes Monroe was more "hands on" like he used to be.