|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
After Zelda was turned to stone and the Picori Blade broken, Link is sent to find the Minish, tiny inhabitants of Hyrule, to have the blade reforged and turn Zelda back to normal. This is because only children and children at heart can even see the Minish.
- Bow and Sword in Accord
- Cool Sword: The Picori Blade and the Four Sword.
- Cute Shotaro Boy
- Hair of Gold
- Heroic Mime
- Kid Hero: Actually used as a plot point, since, as mentioned above, him being a kid allows him to see the Minish/Picori.
- Legacy Character: The only Link coming before him is Skyward Sword Link.
- Nice Hat: And it talks!
- Super Strength: With the Power Bracelets, Link can push many objects like large bookcases and can push a pot several times larger than his body at Minish size.
- Took a Level in Badass: The sword Skills make Link use the Great Spin Attack, Roll Slash, and many other nifty moves. One of the few Links to get actual sword techniques.
In The Minish Cap, he was actually Big Bad Vaati's mentor before his Face Heel Turn. Now trapped in the form of a hat, Ezlo guides Link on his adventure by allowing him to shrink to the size of a Minish and explore the Mouse World.
- Baleful Polymorph: He's a Minish sorcerer trapped in the form of a birdlike hat.
- Clothes Make the Legend: He acts as Link's hat, and even gives Link his trademark hat after he is returned to his original form.
- Deadpan Snarker: When he's not being Captain Obvious, anyway.
- Exposition Fairy
- Mouse World: He lets Link shrink down to this size.
- Nice Hat: Has the unique distinction of being the hat.
- Stop Helping Me!: Combined with Start Helping Me, since he'll frequently chime in with information you already know (read: what your goals are), but hitting him for tips on how to achieve said goals is pretty much a waste of time. At least he occasionally says some funny stuff, though.
A mysterious robed figure who won this the annual Picori Festival's swordfighting tournament. His goal was to obtain the Light Force and become a god. He was originally a Minish who became evil by being "enchanted by the darkness in the hearts of men". He stole his mentor's wish granting cap, transformed his mentor into a hat himself and took on a humanlike form.
- Bishonen: His human form.
- Badass Adorable: Just look at him!
- Deceptive Disciple: He studied the darker side of human nature behind Ezlo's back, became corrupted by all that he learned, and then betrayed Ezlo for his own goals.
- Expy: Let's see, his appearance resembles a long white haired freak, he is implied to be a master swordsman, wears primarily dark clothing, has at least a degree of capability of Mind Rape / Demonic Possession and has a desire to become a god? Are you sure you aren't thinking of Sephiroth?
- Final Boss
- Informed Ability: Vaati managed to win a sword fighting tournament in the beginning of the game, implying that he is a Child Prodigy at using swords. However, he is never seen using a sword.
- It's possible that he just cheated using his magic.
- One-Winged Angel: Has four, not including his initial minish form, although only his three demonic forms are fought.
- Childhood Friends: With Link, at least enough for the Princess of Hyrule to personally visit your house at the beginning for you to hang out with her at a Festival.
- Genki Girl: A more mild example than some, but she does seem pretty energetic at the festival at the beginning.
- Taken for Granite: She is turned to stone near the beginning of the game, Link spends the rest of the game looking for the way to break the curse. If you take too long in the final dungeon, she is left like this permanently.