|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The captain of the steamship Link uses in Phantom Hourglass. He's a complete coward, and only agrees to help Link when he learns of the possible treasure involved. He provides most of the comic relief in the game.
- Boss Remix: When he becomes possessed by Bellum, the boss music is a remix of his leitmotif.
- Character Development: Notably. He goes from a greedy, cowardly crook to saving Link and Tetra from Bellum, then giving up his original goal of treasure so he can get his ship back.
- Cool Boat
- Cowardly Sidekick
- Demonic Possession: He becomes the final boss under the influence of the parasite Bellum.
- Expy: He bears a certain resemblance to a certain Captain Jack Sparrow.
- Identical Grandson: Linebeck III in Spirit Tracks.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Legacy Character: As of Spirit Tracks, he apparently has a descendant living in New Hyrule.
- Lovable Coward
- Miles Gloriosus
- Cowardly Lion: After some character development.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: You're being chased by his ex Jolene throughout the game.
A fairy with Laser-Guided Amnesia, who found Link on the shore. She helps him throughout the game.
- Deadpan Snarker: Only regarding Linebeck. She does not just hate his Jerk-like, cowardly behaviour, she despises it... which is kind of justified, since she's the spirit of courage. She still seems to like the "Heart of Gold part" in his "Jerk" though.
- Exposition Fairy: Well, she's not an Expy of Navi and Tatl for nothing, right?
- Expy: Of Navi, even featuring the same voice, albeit her personality is a bit more short-tempered. Once Ciela's true power and "colour" are revealed, she becomes an Expy of Tatl from Majora's Mask.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: She's lost her memories when Link meets her. She regains them twice: when she realises her role as the Spirit of Courage, and during the first fight with Bellum.
- Sword Beam: When Link equips her as his cursor, she lets him do these.
- Time Stop: Grants a brief version of this to Link at the end of Phantom Hourglass.
Oshus/The Ocean King
- Big Good: Well, once he gets his powers back.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: He has a pair, even in his whale form.
- Cool Old Guy
- Elderly Immortal
- Mr. Exposition
- One-Winged Angel: When he turns into his true giant flying whale form.
- Sealed Good in a Can: Bellum sealed his power and he is forced to remain in old man form.
- Shout-Out/Expy: To the Wind Fish from Link's Awakening.
The main villain of Phantom Hourglass, it rose from the depths and fed on life force, trapping the Ocean King in a feeble human form while it prowled the seas for victims in a Ghost Ship. With little characterization, Bellum seems more like a parasitic force of nature than a truly malicious villain. He also is never Hijacked by Ganon.
- Big Bad
- Bilingual Bonus: "Bellum" is Latin for "War."
- Combat Tentacles
- Demonic Possession: Uses this when it takes over the Ghost Ship, and again when it takes over Linebeck's body.
- Duel Boss
- Eldritch Abomination
- Expy: Of Majora's Mask: a tentacle user with big, staring eyes, who seems more like a mindless, destructive force rather than a plotting villain.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: IN HIS MOUTH IT DOES NOT BELONG THERE.
- Faceless Eye: On its tentacles, no less.
- Ghost Ship
- Hive Mind: It controls the Phantom Guards this way.